work less, done more:

I am working full time, doing property investment research, managing property, and doing houseworks. I always manage finding time to do so many works and here is my rules to "work less, done more":

attachment.php

Attachments

• Work less Do more.jpg
    Work less Do more.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 374
Isn't 80:20 same as not being perfect? I would prefer that to be 95:5 though :)

I would have one more item 'avoid distractions'.

I am working full time, doing property investment research, managing property, and doing houseworks. I always manage finding time to do so many works and here is my rules to "work less, done more":

attachment.php

Leverage your money, then pay someone else to do your housework, manage your property, and maybe even do your job.
Then you will be working even less and be getting more done.

I use lists rather than deadlines and they help with staying focussed, prioritising and staging.

I employ others where appropriate (yard jobs etc.)

I have also come to the conclusion that I do low-tech 'close enough' first goes at a job and only bother with putting time/money/tech into it if the first go gives satisfactory results.
I used to be more a perfectionist and plan things out and then put the $$ in, but found $$ got wasted if my assumptions were wrong, so now I combine not being a perfectionist with testing, and am getting better results.

If you have any sort of system you should be able to leverage off it and do multiple jobs eg I record $$ transactions in MS Money, then generate a report for the accountant for tax returns and use the last 12 months expenditure as basis for next 12 months budgetting.
For work round the yard I also use permaculture principles and basic ecology (ie recycle matter/cascade energy). So eg grey water gets used for watering fruit trees etc. We have friends who are tree loppers and get woodchip off them for free - they don't have to pay to dump at the landfill so it costs them less.

1) Same, I work on IT job but give my backyard to a gardener.
2) Take rest when I am tired so that I can work better after rest.
3) 80/20 -same as not perfectionist

Note I like use others' money to make more money.

Back