Would you buy 1 street from waterfront but.....

Would you buy a very well renovated property in North Shore Geelong that was 1 street from waterfront, but located between industrial areas (with about 2 streets either side buffering from industrial).

Is Geelong slated for a big price hike because of bypass ? Any Victorians would like to estimate ?

Price is $285K - really nice property. Would rental yield be good on that ?

Who knows about a possible price hike. I dont think North Shore would be affected by the bypass, since its nowhere near it. North Shore is not a popular beachside location, since its so damned industrial, and no nice beaches, but I personally think its under-rated.

Having said that, yes, you are surrounded by industries so that counts against it. Also, there's no ammenities like schools, supermarkets etc in the area that I know of, and you have to go on the highway to get ANYWHERE around there.

I think the only thing going for it are the water views, albeit a lot of wharfs, but if you're not getting them, I dont personally think you're getting a lot.

For that money, look further afield to Waurn Ponds, Bell Post Hill or other areas that will be positively impacted by the bypass when it opens.

Back