Would you buy this house?

I'm looking for opinions please.

Have the opportunity to purchase a large, immaculately kept older house in a great spot, for an exceptional price, with great landscaping.

The downside, it has asbestos based cladding, and interior wall sheeting which may or may not be asbestos. All in great condition.

I've read up on Asbestos and have learnt from several sources, that it's perfectly fine, as long as you don't start using a power saw on the stuff etc...

My question:

Would this house bother you from a buyers point of view? Would you buy it?

Your responses will be gratefully welcomed. :)

Hi Oneupmanship,

The best thing about buying a timber framed house is that you can remove the old cladding and have a new cladding installed when ever you want....it is really easy to add insulation at this time as well.

You could contact demolition contractors who could give you a price on removal and disposal of any asbestos.

If the location is one you want and the price is right....I would go for it

Glenn

It wouldn't bother me. As you said it is all fine as long as it is in tact, you are aware of it and work with it safely. You could have it removed at a later date but if the location is what you want , it may not come around again.

At least termites don't eat asbestos!

I'm looking for opinions please.

Have the opportunity to purchase a large, immaculately kept older house in a great spot, for an exceptional price, with great landscaping.

The downside, it has asbestos based cladding, and interior wall sheeting which may or may not be asbestos. All in great condition.

I've read up on Asbestos and have learnt from several sources, that it's perfectly fine, as long as you don't start using a power saw on the stuff etc...

My question:

Would this house bother you from a buyers point of view? Would you buy it?

Your responses will be gratefully welcomed. :)

If it was me? For Sure!! I'll buy anything, given the right numbers

Get a quote for the repair work and base your negotiations to allow for the works done. The vendor can't really argue.

Asbestos is expensive to remove. Not your average rip it down and dump it stuff.
Friends of mine have an asbestos removal business in Sydney. BBBIIIGGG dollars.

I reiterate my comments from 2008...call 10 demo contractors.

There is a good chance someone is looking for some work to keep the wheels turning.

Glenn

Back