would you buy unit in complex over sub-main & sewer main

hey guys

looking at a contract for a unit in a complex which is built over a sub-main and sewer main

my understanding is the sewer main services the block of units (ie: where all the internal sewers end up), whereas the sub-main services the whole suburb

i am told that sub-main is normally deep underground and is like a concrete tunnel, on the other hand sewer main is a smaller pipe enclosed in concrete (so if the pipe rusts/bursts, the concrete enclosure steps in to act as backup)

ideally, you dont build over the sewer main or the sub main

but assume sydney water has approved for this block of units to be built over both .......

any issues you can envisage?

i was thinking burst pipe (sewer main), but it seems like the way its built means that even if the original pipe ruptures, the concrete enclosure steps n as backup - hence no issue?

is it possible for the sub-main to cause problems? i cant think of any - but your thoughts / comments are welcome

thanks

If the relevant authorities have approved, then I see no problem.

The only thing you may find when (if) you come to resell, that some feng shui advocates / Asian cultures don't like things "flowing" under their properties - such as stormwater easements etc.

Back