Wow, a forum that actually works like it should.

Hello everyone.
What a wonderful well run forum you have here. After the last couple of weeks of unsuccessfully trying to join and post on the Global Property forum I've managed to register AND post here in just a few minutes. No waiting for days for an administrator to accept my registration, no suspended account after the administrator accepted my registration and no "All fixed now" & "try again, let me Know if the problem persists," only to have all further emails ignored after the administrators gave up un-suspending my account. For their sake I hope that the admins from the Global forum take note of how a forum should be run from here and get their act together. Sorry for all this ranting, its the bottled frustration that I had to put up with over the past 2 weeks.:D
Once again thank you for this forum and I hope to be a valuable contributor one day.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill, welcome aboard the good ship SS Forum. Setting 'sale' to your dream destination.

Its always fantastic to have other local Perth investors on board.

Do you have IP's or are you just starting out down the IP road to riches??

Hello fellow Perth-ite,

No mucking around,(well actually....), definitely straight to the chase here.....As Rixter said, what's your story ? :D !

As far as I am concerned this is Australia's best property forum. It is very active, has lots of postings by knowledgeable people and is good natured. Welcome!

Bill, welcome aboard the good ship SS Forum.
Thank you and what a nice ship it is.
Do you have IP's or are you just starting out down the IP road to riches??

Just starting out. I'm hoping to sell my own place then use some of the $$$ to build a smaller house for myself on the vacant block I bought a few years ago. That should free enough $$$ to buy a few low end IPs using 20% deposit. At least that's the general idea. :D

Last edited:
Welcome Billan

Agreed, its a great forum here and a enormous resource

Global Property Forum :confused:

Some forum that came up on google when I did a search on Australian house prices and suburbs that crashed, globalhousepricedcrash.com. Looked like a decent enough forum but trying to register there was harder then getting a $1M home loan from the bank without a job and no other income or assets. Then when I logged in the first time my account got suspended until 2011 but strangely enough I was unable to log out or even read posts. :confused: The admin was nice and trying to be helpful but didn't have the knowledge so after a few unsuccessful attempts to fix my problem he gave up and ignored my emails. I finally managed to go back there to read some posts after deleting my browser history, passwords, cache,cookies and everything else in the private data section and lucky I persisted because when I returned there I found a link to this forum. I'm wondering if I should email the admin there and suggest a name change to something along the lines of globalhousepriceforumhascrashed.com ? Still I should complain, if it wasn't for their screw-ups I may not have found this place. ;)

Don't you hate user-unfriendly forums?! At least here and over at invested.com.au we have the huge benefit of having the terrific Sim Hampel manage both sites. He's a whiz when it comes to websites and management etc.

Yes Sim Rocks!!!!!!!!

Welcome Billan, also you will find the search function fantastic to look up stuff you may have an interest it.

There are "too many times to count" times when I have been assisted by the wonderful, smart, friendly people at SS :)

Back