wrong dates and time on last post

Poll: When is the next Sydney "boom" due? ( 1 2)
enoughwealth Today 03:23 PM
by see_change

Just wondering why the above would be happening.

Sucks me in every time as I think it has been updated.

It's no biggie, but it would appear there may be a problem

Bloss

Last Post date/time on Threads that include a Poll are actually changed whenever someone votes on the Poll OR leaves a reply.. it sucks, I agree.

Last Post date/time on Threads that include a Poll are actually changed whenever someone votes on the Poll OR leaves a reply.. it sucks, I agree.
It is annoying and something that can’t be changed. :(

One of the main reason we try to limit the time of polls to a week or two, nothing worse than someone finding a really old poll and voting on it.

It is annoying and something that can’t be changed. :(

One of the main reason we try to limit the time of polls to a week or two, nothing worse than someone finding a really old poll and voting on it.

I could be wrong.. it happens regularly.. but there's a VBulletin option to change this behaviour.. specifically "Update Thread Last Post on Poll Vote".. the option prompt says

"If you set this option to 'Yes' the thread's last post time will be updated when a vote is placed, thereby returning it to the top of its parent forum listing."
I'll defer to Sim's greater experience with VBulletin though.. maybe that option is broken or doesnt work as expected?

I could be wrong.. it happens regularly..
No you are right Dunc......I just went and read some Mod notes on it. I should have checked first. :eek:

Its just the way its always been set up and the dates are usually manually changed so they don't become too annoying. I'm sure if it's a problem for a lot of people Sim or Ian could always rethink the way its set up.

Ruby :)

Dunc

On a poll, there are some people who would like to see up to date poll results.

It would be good if that option was user selectable- I am one user who would prefer to turn it off- maybe I should start a poll?

Back