Wynnum Manly Brisbane 9 - 12 Storey High Development

Phone Brisbane City Council or Redlands Shire Council (not sure what area its in). Speak to the planning dept they will tell you height restrictions in force.

Its probably inevitable over the longer term but I don't think such a property would make a good investment in the short term unless it was right on the train station.

Wynnum and Manly are in the Brisbane City Council area.

BCC have been talking about such a development for some time, but I cannot confirm whether it has been approved or not.

BoatBoy may know - this is his stomping ground. Dave, where are you????

Cheers
LynnH

I haven't heard much for a little while, though I haven't been actively looking. If you google "Wynnum CBD Planning Charrette" you should find some information.

For us the master plan looked good, if it were to come off.

Cheers,
Horizon

A high density retirement village was supposed to go up next to Wynnum Central station (ground works have/had started). However, the developer has gone tits up so there's a question mark over the site.

As far as I understand from the master plan 9-12 storey developments were approved for the 'CBD', and ~3 storeys for areas surrounding the train stations.

Thanks for opinions and info. Will do some more research...one day.
I noticed a property for sale in Manly West with water views and I was wondering if some properties would lose their views. Gees it would suck if you paid 1/2 mill for dumpy house and lost your views.

Wynnum and Manly are in the Brisbane City Council area.

BCC have been talking about such a development for some time, but I cannot confirm whether it has been approved or not.

BoatBoy may know - this is his stomping ground. Dave, where are you????

Cheers
LynnH

Just having a look at some stuff now Lynn, have heard nothing definite as yet and have found nothing at BCC site either

http://www.skyscraperlife.com/queensland-main-forum/12023-wynnum-central-t-o-d-12st-2x10st-8st.html

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=322774

Nope, nothing there either, all information seems to have dried up, so I suppose that could mean it's not happening?

Bit of info here

http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1158

But nothing definate either.

Dave

A further update for those who may still be interested. From an article in today's Brisbane Courier Mail (page 9) .....

"Council to keep lid on highrise in Wynnum

Building heights in Wynnum's CBD will be reduced from 12 to eight storeys under Brisbane City Council's neighbourhood plan.

The plan, set to be approved at tomorrow's meeting, will also protect the area's iconic Esplanade, nearby wetlands and Wynnum and Lota creeks.

Neighbourhood planning chairwoman Amanda Cooper said the council was complying with the wishes of the community. "Building heights around the Guardian Angels School would also be lowered from eight storeys to five storeys," she said.
"

Cheers
LynnH

Back