So I should wait until both properties settle and find another broker to refinance? How do I determine if the broker has clawback fees? Do I just ask him?
Hmm its hard to tell cceasy - trying to find how far down the process you are exactly.
Are you about to settle? If so, its probably too late and changing finances now could tank the deal. If your 3 weeks away +, you should be ok to adjust now.
Re clawback fees, I assume you would've signed some agreement with your broker? (its part of our compliance requirements). It should say it clearly there.