x collateral

Ah, so assuming you have paid LMI to say, 85%, then you need to stay at that level or below. If you go above to say 90% then you pay LMI on the 5% differential

True but often the killer isn't the LVR per se - it is the whole process of a new application etc.

Hi Beanie Girl
Yes, we have reactivated our business and it is slowly getting to the point we need it to be at so that we can get ahead. The experience has also left us with (wait for it) 70k on credit cards that has been used to pick up the slack so we can keep the rentals. We have had to use up all available investments and savings, LOCs the lot.
Property is ever so slightly improving here and our rents are going up and interest rates heading down have all helped.
But had we been able to sell the most negatively geared house it could have made life easier.
And yes, now that I am kid free I am looking for work. Apparently though, being previously self-employed is the kiss of death on a resume!:eek:

Hi Beanie Girl
Yes, we have reactivated our business and it is slowly getting to the point we need it to be at so that we can get ahead. The experience has also left us with (wait for it) 70k on credit cards that has been used to pick up the slack so we can keep the rentals. We have had to use up all available investments and savings, LOCs the lot.
Property is ever so slightly improving here and our rents are going up and interest rates heading down have all helped.
But had we been able to sell the most negatively geared house it could have made life easier.
And yes, now that I am kid free I am looking for work. Apparently though, being previously self-employed is the kiss of death on a resume!:eek:

Hang in there, joanmc, 'cos according to Dymphna Boholt, 2014 is going to be sizzling hot, scorchingly hot for real estate particularly Qld and NSW because of the shortage of housing. Consumer sentiment is also very high in the residential sector of the economy and when people feel good....they buy houses! Finally, an improvement in the global economy makes Aussie consumers confident in the local economy and more willing to spend and invest. :)

http://iloverealestate.tv/real-estate-starts-2014-red-hot/#fromemail

Back