Xmas ideas - book for grey nomad

My 65yo dad has recently retired and has just bought a motorhome. He is yet to go anywhere significant.

I was thinking for xmas I would buy him a book with details of places to go in Australia.

Any recommendations of such books?

My parents are caravanners and have "done the loop" 3 times now.

A subscription to one of the motorhome mags might be good.
A travel atlas is handy too.

Is your Dad a member of the motorhome club in his area? If not see if he will join. http://www.cmca.net.au/pages/index.php. Mum and Dad have been in a few caravan clubs and it is great in that they all get together and go away in groups. The friendships Mum and Dad have made is really good.

You don't mention Mum? If your dad is on his own the club will be great, the ladies love "looking after " the singles :). They cook, offer to clean and generally fuss Lol

Thanks Moyjos! Great ideas.

I didnt even think about a magazine subscription and the motorhome club sounds great.

Dad does have a partner, she is just much less enthusiastic about the motorhome. She's waiting for the fad to wear off :)

My 65yo dad has recently retired and has just bought a motorhome. He is yet to go anywhere significant.

I was thinking for xmas I would buy him a book with details of places to go in Australia.

Any recommendations of such books?

Just make sure he has Alien Abduction Insurance you never know what he will find out there..

Probably not geared toward the grey nomad crew but I found the Australian lonely planet guide to be extremely handy when we were driving from Darwin to Canberra many years ago. It's very comprehensive and has good tips on places to visit.

Cheers

Jamie

If he waits for wifey to come he will never go,. My ex has had a fab van set up for 8 years and she wont leave her grandkides. My advice is for him to go himself and she would probably then come. Buy him the book which details all thefreeby road laybuys, they are a lot of fun and everyone stays in them. My daughter and hubby toured oz in them and her trick was to set up about 2pm, put some quick washing on the line, even wet teatowels, then everyone thinks they are set up fairly permanently and will stay too

Back