xmas wine for PM's tax deductable?

Hi all, I am wondering if I bought a case of wine for my PM's & special RE agents is there any chance that it might be tax deductable?
Cheers Brenda:)

Originally posted by Brenda Irwin
Hi all, I am wondering if I bought a case of wine for my PM's & special RE agents is there any chance that it might be tax deductable?
Dale says that this can be done by a trust quite easily- but I'm not sure as an individual.

Originally posted by Brenda Irwin

My tax advice is that a gift from a company or trust is tax deductible as long as it is valued at less than $100. And it does not have to be at Xmas as long as the gift is infrequent and not expected

HI

Yes, a gift - of any value for that matter - is tax deductible when it relates to earning your income such as giving one to a PM.

THe $100 rule mentioned above only relates to gifts to employees and relatives of employees.

So, gift away!!

Dale

Originally posted by DaleGG
HI

Yes, a gift - of any value for that matter - is tax deductible when it relates to earning your income such as giving one to a PM.

THe $100 rule mentioned above only relates to gifts to employees and relatives of employees.

So, gift away!!

Dale

Dale,

Have heard that gifts to accountants of greater value than $100 are treated differently under a special ruling from the ATO, and gifts of this nature are allowed a 166% deduction.
Any truth to this or is this just one of the recommendations of the Accounting bodies with regards to taxation reform?

regards

So whenever I buy my partner flowers they're a tax deduction so long as they come from one of our companies or trusts :)

Neat!

Originally posted by Aceyducey
So whenever I buy my partner flowers they're a tax deduction so long as they come from one of our companies or trusts :)

Neat!
So Jas will be expecting flowers tonight- now that you're on record!

Hiya Jakk!

I like the way that you think. If the idea is ever voted on, I'll vote for it as often as I can . . .

Good stuff!

Dale

Originally posted by Jakk
Dale,

Have heard that gifts to accountants of greater value than $100 are treated differently under a special ruling from the ATO, and gifts of this nature are allowed a 166% deduction.
Any truth to this or is this just one of the recommendations of the Accounting bodies with regards to taxation reform?

regards

Back