Yes!! We got unconditional approval! 4 villa development in Gwelup WA

Some beautiful clean pads now that the soak wells are all in and some window frames

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 119
Some beautiful clean pads now that the soak wells are all in and some window frames

Regarding soak wells and AC condensate drains.

When I worked as a Fridgy in Karratha many of the new homes had soak wells and AC condensate drains that extended inside the external wall down under the ground about a foot directly into the soak wells. It looks neat but the problem with this is if you have massive rainfall, or the soak well gets blocked you end up with a hydraulic lock and the condensate cannot fall out the AC drain.

Result is leaking water in your brand new house. There are hundreds of homes in Karratha like that. The only solution is to punch a hole through the external wall behind the AC, and run a new pipe down the outside wall. I did this to many new homes and it is really ugly. Also the builder has left town by this stage and the bill was given to the owner!

The smart tradies ran the condensate down the inside of the external wall, popping out approx 200mm above ground level and fall into the soak well.

Just a thought...

Very exciting. Glad to see this is underway. Thats a fantastic 4 unit site.

I'm biased but I think it's fantastic too. It's an expensive project but I think the reward will be worth it. The timing was just right - it had been on the market forever and market sentiment was down. 12mths later and market sentiment is completely different and I'm so happy I got it.

Drum roll .........I have some walls!

I visited the site today and found about 8 brickies there working hard in between rain showers. They have started the brickwork on A and D and the 2 teams are having a bit of a challenge to see who finishes their 2 villas first.

I had a quick chat with the head bricky and he think 2.5 weeks of brickwork which is excitingly quick - weather permitting of course . The race with Blacky which I am losing badly, will be looking good in a couple of weeks as I catch up more.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 93
Drum roll .........I have some walls!

I visited the site today and found about 8 brickies there working hard in between rain showers. They have started the brickwork on A and D and the 2 teams are having a bit of a challenge to see who finishes their 2 villas first.

I had a quick chat with the head bricky and he think 2.5 weeks of brickwork which is excitingly quick - weather permitting of course . The race with Blacky which I am losing badly, will be looking good in a couple of weeks as I catch up more.

Oh Myf,

The biggest yay to bricks and walls! It's happening now.

Sam

damit damit damit....

2.5 weeks ago I was thinking I was sitting pretty... then 2 weeks of constant rain and you have caught up. I still have 2nd floor pads to pour and brick work for second floor to go before the roof can go on.

Its going to be touch and go :eek:

There needs to be a 'like' button. I've just found this thread and its like watching Grand Designs! It is so good to see how things progress for us wannabe developers who would love to do this.

I'll be following this thread.

Good luck on the rest of the build.
Sue

There needs to be a 'like' button. I've just found this thread and its like watching Grand Designs! It is so good to see how things progress for us wannabe developers who would love to do this.

I'll be following this thread.

Good luck on the rest of the build.
Sue

And if you read my "life is not all beer and skittles" thread (currently 2 below this one) - you can learn how not do it :)

Blacky

I will say this thread and others on development have REALLY opened my eyes to pitfalls, things to watch out for and how to do it!

I hope everything continues to go well Blacky, I'll be continuing to follow the thread with great interest.

damit damit damit....

2.5 weeks ago I was thinking I was sitting pretty... then 2 weeks of constant rain and you have caught up. I still have 2nd floor pads to pour and brick work for second floor to go before the roof can go on.

Its going to be touch and go :eek:

You are still WAY ahead of me and only building 3 so it will be interesting to see how we go. My villas are 200sqm so that's a lot of brickwork et al to do.

Back