Yes!! We got unconditional approval! 4 villa development in Gwelup WA

And more walls :)

Beautiful brickwork weather.

Photo 1: rear of Villa D. Window to ensuite and window to Theatre
Photos 2: side walls of Villa D
Photo 3: side walls of Villa D - nice view of the wall insulation.
Photo 4: Villa A looking towards rear of villa
Photo 5: Villa A alfresco and pocket garden. Looks tiny but is 4m x 7.5

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
decent sized courtyards, well over 30 sqm there by the looks of it.

north facing?

Unfortunately the shape of the block led to design which wasn't able to make the best orientation. North is at the front of the houses.

Yup the courtyards are pretty good considering this is an R30 project with maximum sized single storey houses on minimum sized lots. The smallest is 30sqm so there is a decent sized alfresco and then a pocket garden with fake turf and some rendered planter boxes with a feature corner box which will have a small tree in it.

Invoice received today for brickwork to plate height. So I guess the brickies are finished - not sure how as its still ******* down with rain.

We are now at 50% spent ($500k) on construction.

Roofing next!!

I have some more photos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741826.100006363221160&type=1&l=548af79932

Check the last 2 - I have roofing timbers on Villa A when I managed a quick visit on Monday! It looked like Villa A was fully roofed. The alfresco area is looking like I imagined it - even the planter boxes I had in my head. There will paving under the alfresco then fake lawn up to the planter boxes which will have a small tree in the big square and shrubby/flowers in the smaller ones.

They certainly look like houses now and it's looking great.

Tomorrow I am going to visit the Prestart lady again as the wooden floors I had picked are having quality issues which they aren't happy about so I'm going to go choose some porcelain tiles instead.

Tomorrow I am going to visit the Prestart lady again as the wooden floors I had picked are having quality issues which they aren't happy about so I'm going to go choose some porcelain tiles instead.

So I went and picked the new tiles. Lovely large 600x600 porcelain. I have 2 colour schemes for the 4 houses so I just needed to choose 2. I have the kitchen cupboards and benches next to it to make sure it goes.

Looks great Westminster. Is the site on Karrinyup Rd?

Ugh no! It's on Agnew Loop in the part opposite the Willows - I can't remember what that section was called Willows something :)

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 91
Roofing timbers are complete on A, B, D and almost on C - it should be complete today.

Plumbing and gas has started and when I bumped into them last night at 6pm still onsite they said they would take 3 more days and finishing on Saturday. The plumbers are artists with the concrete saw channels they have cut for the pipework. Really beautiful work.

I have a roof on Villa A :D:D:D

Ah Colorbond Surfmist, how much I love thee!

Villa D roof has started and they expect roofing to be finished by end of the week.

All the gas and plumbing is finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 91
Well well well :D

Some VERY interesting comparables have turned up in Gwelup that are single storey 4 x 2s on 270sqm blocks for $740k. It is a 4 unit complex like mine but 2 have street frontage.

http://metroinvest.net.au/platinum-properties/view/gwelup

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-gwelup-115426555

Location is better than mine in that it's very close to shops and school so that will be appealing but my specifications are much better.

They are predicting $650-680 rent per week.

I'll be watching it very closely to see how it sells. If I can get a value of $700k for mine it would be a total value of 2.8m for a 1.8m cost plus holding costs. I do believe that is 50% gross profit.

Well well well :D

Some VERY interesting comparables have turned up in Gwelup that are single storey 4 x 2s on 270sqm blocks for $740k. It is a 4 unit complex like mine but 2 have street frontage.

http://metroinvest.net.au/platinum-properties/view/gwelup

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-gwelup-115426555

Location is better than mine in that it's very close to shops and school so that will be appealing but my specifications are much better.

They are predicting $650-680 rent per week.

I'll be watching it very closely to see how it sells. If I can get a value of $700k for mine it would be a total value of 2.8m for a 1.8m cost plus holding costs. I do believe that is 50% gross profit.

Did anyone say there was no money in developing???
Good work, nice yield:)

Update time:

I was very brave and asked for an estimate on when it would be finished. I've been ignoring it as I knew that all the rain had put me WEEKS behind. Current estimate is end of March/April. So keep it free for a housewarming :p

Rendering internally and externally has started.

They are looking good Myf

March/April - wow, we really are neck and neck.

The roofs are going on now, and scaffold should be down in a couple of weeks, which is the outside complete. Then onto the internals :)

My builder is quoting March/April as well, so we can do a 'double' house warming :D

Blacky

Why be "brave" in asking? I was down the builder's throat every other week, they were still 2 months late from their initial estimate due to their various errors and miscalculations, as well as the weather...

Looking good though, I must add! Figures also stacking up nice!

Why be "brave" in asking? I was down the builder's throat every other week, they were still 2 months late from their initial estimate due to their various errors and miscalculations, as well as the weather...

Looking good though, I must add! Figures also stacking up nice!

Brave in that it was news I knew I didn't want to accept nor would like seeing as I was originally looking at finishing this year.

Last build I was too much in their face and they rushed the end and I had them fixing practical completion items when tenants already in. This time I need to find a harmonious compromise of pressure and patience.

Back