Yes!! We got unconditional approval! 4 villa development in Gwelup WA

Still not quite there but coming along. I get to see inside again on Thursday so I will endeavour to take some more photos and update the Facebook feed.

I can see that the paving is now done and garage doors are installed. The stone for the elevation fancy stuff has been delivered.

Keep the photos coming :)

Do you have a thread for yours? I love following progress :)

Thread started (it's actually quiet handy having the thread as I've put some compareable sales etc in there which can come back to if needed with valuer :))

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94688

Nothing happening yet, at this stage just saving $$$ to ensure that I have enough funds if something unplanned happened. At this stage chatting the with builder who has suggested putting together some 'wants' to put to the architect/engineer. I also have a rough idea of layout to take, hopefully they can improve on. So for now I'll combing through looking for tips on what people would do / change etc.

Some of the fancy elevation stone. This is Donnybrook Sandstone from Meteorstone. It's beautiful

2zyddnc.jpg

35k7fic.jpg

I've tried fixing this but Tinypic insists on making it go sideways - grrrrr

Carpets are going in. Soooooo close!

Last edited:
I need it to stop RAINING!
Normally I love the rain but no one can paint the render on the villas until it stops raining. They have one coat on which has been on for ages so that other external items could be done. Now it's time for coats 2/3 and it's wet, wet, wet.

What did I see today that's new
- render on fancy pants letterbox/planter done
- cedar lining to alfrescos done

Photo's or it didn't happen :D

Which reminds me. My dishwashers seemed to have disappeared twice. I don't know if they are stolen or just needed by another site so sent there or whatever. They seem to be missing again so I'll let the builder know. I don't really care as long as I have 4 x Smeg dishwashers at Practical Completion - until then they can play musical chairs all they like.

Cool, I'm definitely there! I really need to get inspired (oops) to develop!!

You do!! But sort out a possible new PPOR then you might be more in the mood.

Thanks for sharing this development project Westminster. The novice developers amongst us will be able to learn alot. Much appreciated.

Sooooo close to being finished. I know I've said almost finished a MILLION times it seems but yes it's almost finished.

I popped in today and no one was there so I was peering through windows but the window blinds are in, air con done, tv aerials on the roof, landscaping done.

All I can see left to do is door locks and some final painting

Handover/Practical Completion inspection is being booked.

For those following at home, it will pretty much be 2 years to the day since I had my offer accepted to when they are completed.

I think I've 'owned' it for 21mths due to settlement being about 3mths after offer.

Not the worlds quickest project but it wasn't without dramas and delays. Still quicker than some of my others :rolleyes:

Back