Yes2 - Financial Education for Australia's Youth :) Feedback please!

It's not, at the moment. Something broke the site, which didn't help,

That said, resurrecting and finishing the site is fairly high on my list of things to do, so hopefully we'll start promoting it properly soon.

Does this explain why when I clicked on your links they fired up a blank page? Nothing to see - no message - nada. Just checking that it's not a "browser specific thing".

Olly

I'm just looking to help a few kids learn about this stuff.

Hi James,

At the school that I teach at we have a period each week devoted to a Pastoral Care Program. The program is held across all year levels (Yrs 7-10), and covers a variety of topics/issues ranging from bullying, through to education on alcohol, drugs and sex education.

Guest speakers are often engaged for the higher year levels (Yrs 10-12). The presentations have ranged from people speaking about careers and career opportunities to motivational presentations conducted by young people in their 20's. These presentations were effective as they were visual and fast moving. The presenters engaged their audience, largely by introducing possibilities rather than by giving very specific, detailed examples. In other words, they stimulated the student's imaginations.

I remember there was one example of a young person (very early 20's) who had established her own real estate company in Tasmania. She also invested in property. While the details were general it opened the student's minds as to some of the possibilities out there.

When addressing school aged students, the main thing is to engage them! The trick is to make the topic appear relevant to them and their immediate needs!

Looking forward to hearing how you go James and Shonnie.

Regards Jason.

I work with people on a decent wage that complain about the things they can't afford while spending $50 on each kid for Easter presents.

MMMMMM; $50 worth of chocolate - that's 16 Cadbury's family blocks on special.....:D

Thanks a lot - now I have to go down to Richies and buy some. :D

Back