Yields in Sydney

Forgot to add: I'm available for speaking engagements, conferences, seminars...

haha! We were out there this afternoon looking at our new house. As we were driving home I thought "should have driven past to see how yours turned out".
Glad it went well. Would love to see some photos of the inside.

Our new one is very similar layout to yours. I wasn't going to buy another one yet, but couldn't resist. So Christmas will be renovating instead of laying on the beach. :D

So are you ready to do it again??? You either love it or hate it.

Well, done on the rent too. After speaking to you I rang my agent and put mine up.:D

Congratulations Vaughan ... great job for your first time around. Can't beat those yields in Western Sydney.

Who's organising the next investors meet-up at Rooty Hill Tavern :)

Thanks folks.

Yes it was fun, hard work... and I really need a break, but am already looking for another. Ideally one that wont need immediate work or one with a tenant that's happy to keep renting for a while, then when they go we'll jump in a add value.

I've noticed that right now the property prices are a bit higher and they are selling faster (except for the ridiculously over-priced ones) so maybe winter is a good time to get the bargains.

Yeah with the FHOG changes coming up lots are rushing in to buy before Christmas.
I was going to look for some Christmas bargains but this one landed in my lap and there's too much profit in this for me to pass up (love a bargain). Might even sell it and go to Europe again.:D

If you are not adverse to auctions try them. Most people do not like auctions, particularly first home buyers.

Belbo Ah, so that's HTFYDT.
Please explain!!!:confused:

Yeah with the FHOG changes coming up lots are rushing in to buy before Christmas.
I was going to look for some Christmas bargains but this one landed in my lap and there's too much profit in this for me to pass up (love a bargain). Might even sell it and go to Europe again.:D

If you are not adverse to auctions try them. Most people do not like auctions, particularly first home buyers.

Belbo Ah, so that's HTFYDT.
Please explain!!!:confused:

Travelbug, It harkens back to a slightly earlier post, where I asked Deltaberry how the **** s/he borrowed at 2%. Coastymike suggested recently the answer was borrowing offshore. Of course! I just hadn't even contemplated such a seemingly 'bonkers' idea with the AU$ so currently supercharged, but then there is always hedging, I suppose.

I just hadn't even contemplated such a seemingly 'bonkers' idea with the AU$ so currently supercharged, but then there is always hedging, I suppose.

Since mortgage loans are over 30 years and you can only hedge currencies for about 2 years, hedging is actually quite futile.

Since mortgage loans are over 30 years and you can only hedge currencies for about 2 years, hedging is actually quite futile.

Then perhaps Deltaberry was alluding to other financial solutions or rolling risk-control strategies. In the end, HTFWIK?

Back