Yoda

Why are there so many Yoda avatars? Is it that people think they are all budding Yodas? or is this the default avatar now?

:mad: *grumpy cause it's past my bedtime*

Jas

Jas,

There's only so many people who are cookie monsters or who have purple hair. After that, there's not a lot of choice really.

It would be logical that once an avatar has been selected it should be taken off the list. Most members have their own design after 10 posts I think. Then the avatar can go back onto the list.

Why cant we do this?
Mrs Bird

hmm I just went and checked out the avatars. there are a lot to choose from. When I put mine up, I had to create it myself. Now you can be virtually any star wars charcter you like.

I like Mrs Bird's idea. After a while you idetify an avatar with a person, so having so many of the same means it's harder to link the two...

Jas

Ok,

I did it again, I went through an entire thread, thinking Mrs Bird had started it, and she hadn't. Someone with the same avatar did.

Please, please reserve avatars in use. Or take them down. Let people make up/find their own.

Jas

If people all want to be sheep and use one of the provided avatars that someone else may also use, then I say let them be sheep.

If people want to be individuals, they should go and find their own avatar.

http://www.google.com/search?&q=avatar+forum+gallery

I may have to remove all the supplied avatars anyway since they were "borrowed" from another site.

Well, after a review of the avatars I uploaded a while back, I decided to remove them all - since they were "borrowed" from another site which we should not have done.

I will leave it up to individuals to choose their own avatars from now on - there are literally hundreds of sites out on the internet with avatars on them, feel free to hunt down something you like - or create your own - and upload it (once you reach the minimum required post count).

Until I find a way of ensuring that users choosing an avatar from a pre-installed selection will have exclusive rights to that avatar (preventing duplicates), I will not provide an avatar selection.

I have manually added custom avatars to most of the users who had a one selected from our list of preinstalled avatars - with highest post count taking priority to ensure that duplicates are removed. Of course there is nothing I can do if someone with the required minimum post count goes out and uploads their own custom avatar which is identical to someone elses.

And one of these days I will get around to writing a FAQ on how to find and upload a custom avatar.

I just made my own.

Then I was asked to make one for another of our members.

Maybe I should add bundy's custom avitar design to my list of available services :D

bundy

Bundy,

You took a picture of a whiskey bottle and shrunk it. Trust me, don't give up your day job.

Jas

OK Bundy, lets keep this at a family level-

21bundy.JPG

Originally posted by Jas
Bundy,

You took a picture of a whiskey bottle and shrunk it. Trust me, don't give up your day job.

Jas

B-u-n-d-a-b-e-r-g... R-U-M....

not whiskey.. hehe

what was that about a day job???

asy :D :D :D

Back