Yoda

Originally posted by asy
B-u-n-d-a-b-e-r-g... R-U-M....

not whiskey.. hehe

what was that about a day job???

asy :D :D :D

Like I posted in another thread, asy. You save me :)

Bundy, It was an educated guess. what do I know? I don't drink :)

Jas

PS I vaguley recall drinking bundy rum in my misspent youth. It tasted disgusiting...

Sim,

I tried to use the URL option to upload an avatar I had uploaded on my website but the I got an error.

I captured this in the few seconds the page displayed (by viewing the source)

Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/somersoft.com/httpdocs) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/somersoft.com/httpdocs/forums/member.php on line 1132

It looks it will only grab avatars from local paths.

The upload from disk option worked fine though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acey you are very sweet to say that...
Sim, the avatar is better looking than me....I'm well-know as having a head like a "robbers dog" !!!! I tend to rely on my brain to get by rather than looks.

The hairstyle is messy like mine though (cos I'm too scungy to pay for haircuts)

I might get a photo done and turn it into an avatar........so enjoy this one while you can :D

Originally posted by Puppeteer
Sim,

I tried to use the URL option to upload an avatar I had uploaded on my website but the I got an error.

Yup, I got that error too. I'm not sure why, but the avatar upload from a website seems to want to store it in /tmp when the temp variable for our PHP processor is set to somewhere else to prevent these problems. Might be a bug.

Until I work out what the problem is, I suggest that people download their avatar to their local machine and then upload it from there.

Hey

Don't knock the Bundy!!!!!! There's two of us here now.

How could you mistake it for WHISKEY - and Jas, I know you are from Sydney, But SHAME ON YOU.

BUNDY:)

Hehe - around about now, one of the "Bundy's" should be changing their sig to :-

"A five ounce of Bundy is worth a gallon of Jim Beam" ;)

Regards,

Can anyone help me find a new Avatar?

I tried Darryls link, but Avatars are 65x65, and this site says they are too big - max 60X60. Donwloaded it to my PC but couldn't change it. :confused:

Geekay

Garry,

Any picture can be shrunk.

Can you post your preferred picture in the photo gallery, or post a link to the one you want? Someone will be able to help.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/photopost/data/506/21monkee.JPG

21monkee.JPG

Hello again Geoff & puppeteer

I'm not sure whether I am doing this correct, but I saved the image to my c drive, selected it under "browse" , but when I go to finish I get a message saying the file is to big as above the maximum 10,000 bytes?

Guidance please.

Regards

Geekay

Originally posted by Garry K
Hello again Geoff & puppeteer

I'm not sure whether I am doing this correct, but I saved the image to my c drive, selected it under "browse" , but when I go to finish I get a message saying the file is to big as above the maximum 10,000 bytes?

Guidance please.

Regards

Geekay
It's 1745 bytes.

What was the file name you saved it as?

If you want to PM me with an email address, I can send it.

Thanks puppeteer

But I get the same message as garry.

When he gets it sorted I will follow his example.

Please Garry K post when you have the solution

Back