Young Person Starting Out

Hi S H C,
I suggest you start a new thread.

Start by telling where you are now (savings? renting/living at home etc.
That way people can guide you in the direction you want to go.

It's a bit difficult when there is no basis to start from.

Why start a new thread? I'm a young person starting out, perfect fit :) Just thought might as well use the one thats already here, but if people want me to create a new one, I will.

Living at home, no major expenses, I have super contributions and an ING savers account adding up each month that I never touch.

Anyone got any tips on where to begin?

SHC,

I'm not sure how you want people to answer that hasn't been said a thousand times on this forum before. Do some searches on here and read as much as you can. Unless you ask some specific questions all we can give you is generic answers and all of those generic answers are on here already for you to find.

The simple advice, cut down your expenses, save hard and buy as soon as you can safely afford to do so.

Gools

p.s. People were saying start a new thread so you don't water this one down and also maybe in the hope that you would post some specific information to get specific answers for.

Why start a new thread? I'm a young person starting out, perfect fit :) Just thought might as well use the one thats already here, but if people want me to create a new one, I will.

OK then, I was just trying to help.

I just thought you might want some answers for your situation.

Never mind.

OK then, I was just trying to help.

I just thought you might want some answers for your situation.

Never mind.

I'm not having a go at you, relax. I was just trying to help too, no point filling the forum with a new thread each time someone has a question that a thread already has the title for.

But nevermind, I'll do a search for the questions that I have which have been answered "thousands of times".

Sorry to bother you. :rolleyes:

SHC, it's not a big deal - there would be many people on here happy to help you and answer questions. But you need to post more specific questions and give details of your situation. 'How to get started' is a very generic and vague question when not coupled with some actual info. and requires very long winded answers. These answers have been posted many times before.

You asked; "How hard is it for someone like me to start in this area" - but we don't know anything about you. Now if you said: I'm xx years old, have $xx saved, my income is $xx,xxx, I am saving $xxx per week, I live in x, I don't like x type of property but I do like y - then you'll get some answers.

The only specific question you asked can be answered fairly easily. Books to start out with are; 'More Wealth from Residential Property' by Jan Somers, 'The Truth About Positive Cashflow' by Margaret Lomas and 'How to Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio' by Michael Yardney. :)

To get solid portfolip look for bread and butter properties, buy under market and dont get to negative geared if any. And repeat the process as many times a year as possible.

I am having a bit of trouble doing this. I am 23 and up to IP number 4 and my portfolio is negatively geared. This is obviously affecting my accumulation process.

You said the first 10 are easy to buy - do you look for inner city properties or rural properties?

Back