YOUNG PROPERTY INVESTORS club??

Hello members,

We are forming a young investors club, the first meeting will be held in Brisbane. When it takes off it will then move to other states. Its a place where we can discuss our current investments, where we think are good areas to invest in for growth etc.

If you are interested please email Gary Seeto on [email protected] with your contact details (name, email, contact number, address) - use the message header "Young (at heart) Investors Club". So that he could go thru this thread and contact each one of you, but it will be quicker if you provide him the details.
You can read more about this topic on or post you comments in here.

http://www.propertyinvesting.com/fo...=&SearchTerms=YOUNG,PROPERTY,INVESTORS,club??,

Thanx

Young(or at heart) Investors Group -Sydney

Anyone in Sydney?
I've sent an email to Gary but it appears to be predominantly for qld folks :p

littlevixen said:
Anyone in Sydney?
I've sent an email to Gary but it appears to be predominantly for qld folks :p

Hmmm, and us people over in Adelaide have even less opportunity than you Sydneysiders :-(

Andrew.

rexilla99 said:
We are forming a young investors club, the first meeting will be held in Brisbane. When it takes off it will then move to other states. Its a place where we can discuss our current investments, where we think are good areas to invest in for growth etc.
I've always questioned the logic of "young investor" groups when they've popped up on the forum over the years. And here's why:

Let say your group is for under 25's - if everyone is inexperienced, then who exactly are you learning from? Straight away, you've limited your ability to learn from experienced investors by disallowing anyone with more than 5 or 6 years of property investment.

The thing I like most about attending meetings and groups is the broad range of interests and experience - when you place an age limit on members, youre robbing yourself of the opportunity to learn from people who have done what you want to do.

All the best with your venture though,

Jamie.

agleave said:
Hmmm, and us people over in Adelaide have even less opportunity than you Sydneysiders :-(

Andrew.

There's a few of us here from Adelaide... :D
Even some young ones...

Cheers
Mike

hey fellow adelaideans,

If your'e interested, send an email to Gary to let him know.

The club has only just spawned and there seems to be good interest shown in qld and other states, I would hope some more SA people get involved.

The focus of the group is still being developed, however there seems to be some great ideas thrown around even at this early stage.

So if youre young at heart and interested in a bit of networking and bouncing ideas off fellow investors send through an email to gary. Or if you want to know more about the group before emailing gary, just pm me.

Xenia, if you ask me 37 is young and im 28.

Cheers,

Damon

Mike F said:
There's a few of us here from Adelaide... :D
Even some young ones...

Cheers
Mike

We already have an investor's network group in Adelaide, it's been going for 4 years and is very age-non-specific :)

There are over 200 members on the database

If there is another group starting up, maybe you could think about joining up with us more experienced (older) investors :D You may even learn a thing or 2 :D :D

spam mails

er...did anybody provide their details and notice an increase in the number of spam in their inbox????? or are my current spammers just increasing their productivity :mad:

I was at the meeting last Sunday and all seems good. Their is no age bracket, but it is encouraging younger investors to shares ideas and their approaches etc...
We do realise with age comes experience, and the more experience people can bring to the table, the better the club will be.

I think I was the youngest by quite abit, at 18

Cheers,
Felix

Xenia said:
We already have an investor's network group in Adelaide, it's been going for 4 years and is very age-non-specific :)

There are over 200 members on the database

If there is another group starting up, maybe you could think about joining up with us more experienced (older) investors :D You may even learn a thing or 2 :D :D

Hi Xenia,

I think im on your database as i get your emails from time to time. Can you advise when your next meeting is?

Cheers,

Damon

Jamie said:
I've always questioned the logic of "young investor" groups if everyone is inexperienced, .....you've limited your ability to learn from experienced investors

That is a good point Jamie however, noone said the members would limit themselves to that group only. Can still go to S/P/MIG meetings. And of course stay a part of this online community.

In defence of a young investors group - I've seen posts on this forum from people <30 struggling with feeling isolated from their peers. Often they are making decisions on own pre settling down with family .... Making investments as part of a couple or in name of providing for family is far more likely to be socially sanctioned by peer group.

Although it is great to speak to all age groups it WOULD be great to meet with those of similar age/stage in life.

An eg from non-investing world.............(not everyone's cup of tea) Mother's Groups - attendees could easily talk to their own mum. BUT success of such groups is due to cohesiveness of a peer group. Attendees are all 'similar' in age and all at SAME stage with family.

eg... how do the young ones at uni juggle HECCS debt with financial goals. Pay now? Pay later? etc etc Good to chat with others in same situation...... esp since some older forumites had free education at uni so they can't relate (noone said uni was essential don't flame)

Different age also means different cashflow and different social emphasis too. It really is a different kettle of fish... with all due respect.

I say YAY for young investors. I am not young, just a late bloomer *insert rosebud*

Thx "thedude"

Welcome Felix... 18? You rock!

LilVixen... u being spammed? That's not cool.... was there something in Sydney? Can you PM me if it flies. Thanks!

Back