You've gota laugh

I could not resist posting this photo. There are so many captions which could apply:

"I think her grandson should have explained to her that the microwave has its owns method of heating"

"If you move the microwave off the stove top you wont need the portable hotplates on the bench top in the corner "

Over to you.................. :D

Attachments

• You've gota laugh.jpg
    You've gota laugh.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 268
All it means is the elements probably dont work. They use the oven for cooking if indeed that still works but maybe it doesnt so the micorwave gets a work out and the hotplates for everything else. Cant afford or want to upgrade the stove?

...but they can buy a $700 2000W microwave?

a fully elec stove is less than $500 and they come with plugs now....!

You think that microwave is new??

All I was trying to imply is there are heaps of reasons why its like that. Because that broke but their microwave they have had for years is still working I just dont see the funny side. And I love funny.........

Reactions: weg
There's always a reason for why people do things the way they do, as bizarre as it may appear sometimes.

I say they're cheap.

They have broken hotplates, microwave from Gumtree, or they've had it for years (just moved it to cooktop) and bought a little portable hotplate (gumtree has always got these too - I know because my friend got one from there for her granny flat).

All I was trying to imply is there are heaps of reasons why its like that. Because that broke but their microwave they have had for years is still working I just dont see the funny side. And I love funny.........

i've seen newer, bigger.

All it means is the elements probably dont work. They use the oven for cooking if indeed that still works but maybe it doesnt so the micorwave gets a work out and the hotplates for everything else. Cant afford or want to upgrade the stove?

No kid livewildcard! ;) I bet you are a very serious person. Look at it from the funny side, not the practical side. First impression, don't over analyse. Is there such a thing as a glass half funny / half serious.

Doctor, I think the patient needs a top up of funny. His seriousness and practicality readings are at alarming levels.

Jaycee - you aint wrong there!!!;) I think livewildcard has just been working too hard. I bet the corner of his mouth twitches when he cracks up laughing. Just joking livewildcard. :) I guess it depends on your mood when you look at something as to whether it appears funny.

:confused:I wasn't referring to livewwildcard, I was referring to the poking fun and lauhging by some which comes across as immature to the point of annooying, to some of us...

Some of the posts on the thread have rsounded to me like a teenegar saying something like this

haaha look at that adult, who has a beard anyway bhahaha what a idiot hey ?
hahahaha

So what someone didnt repalce a broken applicance in a hurry Is this very thing not what we are all about and rpeat with pride so so so often on this forum - being wise with our money & not keeping up with the joneses with the lost masses who think everything they have has to be latest & greatest & brand new ? I saw a poor person walking with 2 coloured shoes, once... should I have laughed at him or behind his back ?:confused:

aw come'on Jaycee. Life's pretty sad if you can have a laugh at yourself - and others.

The point was putting the microwave "on top" of the stove - which you have to admit is a funny thing. No one cares if the stove is broken or not - if so, just buy some of those upside down plate things to put on top.

Today is Friday - chill day.:D

The first thing that caught my eye was the nick nacks on the range hood. Never seen that before. THEN I realized that they wouldn't use the range hood anyway. :)

aw come'on Jaycee. Life's pretty sad if you can have a laugh at yourself - and others.

The point was putting the microwave "on top" of the stove - which you have to admit is a funny thing. No one cares if the stove is broken or not - if so, just buy some of those upside down plate things to put on top.

Today is Friday - chill day.:D

Yes, I do know the point and got the point, I just didn't see it as that funny, nor the people as something to laugh at for it...

Not the first time I've disagreed with people

No kid livewildcard! ;) I bet you are a very serious person. Look at it from the funny side, not the practical side. First impression, don't over analyse. Is there such a thing as a glass half funny / half serious.

Doctor, I think the patient needs a top up of funny. His seriousness and practicality readings are at alarming levels.

Jaycee - you aint wrong there!!!;) I think livewildcard has just been working too hard. I bet the corner of his mouth twitches when he cracks up laughing. Just joking livewildcard. :) I guess it depends on your mood when you look at something as to whether it appears funny.

Don't worry I laughed when I read this. Must be in a good mood.

Some people are sullen, glum,and humorless.

I think they have a broken funny bone, and don't even know it...or else they are clinically depressed.

I guess I saw it like,.. mocking someone for how one might choose to eat cheaply, or their budget, or laugh at mismatched / broken furniture in a house, or not "waste" by buying a whole new item when they can be content with the current while 1/2 of it still works ...

that sort of thing...

besides my mum says I'm funny so.....

I'd believe that Jaycee if you could please lol at end of every sentence. Utilise the emoticons wherever possible, anywhere :) through :) sentences :) because :) more :) the merrier. Except I just found out you can only put 5 of them. So in very fact the forums limiting my ability to smile.

Only then would I believe your mum finds you funny. Lol.

Wow my twitch has gone away.

I'd believe that Jaycee if you could please lol at end of every sentence. Utilise the emoticons wherever possible, anywhere :) through :) sentences :) because :) more :) the merrier. Except I just found out you can only put 5 of them. So in very fact the forums limiting my ability to smile.

Only then would I believe your mum finds you funny. Lol.

Wow my twitch has gone away.

Errrr my mum says I'm funnier than a microwave sitting on a hotpate, she don't need no emoticons, so therefore, I know so that's all that matters.

I don't need to prove nothing to no one

Back