Hairy Chested Posters

There seem to be a few of these around at the moment.

The 'my argument is right - you are a complete idiot if you don't think so' brigade.

I don't learn anything from these threads. I try to, because economics is NOT a strong point, but they just seem to get so bogged down with being right that I get completely confused.

But I'm sure it's just me! Sometimes though, I sense they argue for the sake of the argument and it gets a little tiresome.

That's a rather sexist thread title isn't it? I'm sure they aren't all men, but for the life of me I couldn't think of a phrase that covered both sexes! :rolleyes:

After spending 2/3 of my life working serving the public, I can promise you - men and women are as bad as each other.

I agree.
There are lots of narrow minded people. They think because they don't understand something it's not possible (burying you head in the sand stuff- look I'm not here):D

I have a quote on my wall "I didn't know it couldn't be done, so I went ahead and did it".

Intelligence is being able to see both sides of an argument (can't remember where I read that).

Last week I was surprised when I read one of Margaret Lomas' books. She stated that you can't make money by renovating property.:confused:

I couldn't believe that. Yeah maybe it's not HER way of making money in property but to say it's not possible.

I think you need to keep an open mind (with everything).

Last edited:
I would like to sincerely apologise for my recent behavior.

To rectify the situation I have arranged an appointment for Monday at Ayurve Beauty,Health & Skin Care in York St Sydney to remove all hair from my chest - I hope that the pain I will feel during this procedure will satisfy those seeking to punish me.

In the mean time I will try to refrain from making any comments that may indicate the presence of hair.

There seem to be a few of these around at the moment.

The 'my argument is right - you are a complete idiot if you don't think so' brigade.

I don't learn anything from these threads. I try to, because economics is NOT a strong point, but they just seem to get so bogged down with being right that I get completely confused.

Its good to have a basic grasp of economics just so that you can get a sense for the macro environment. But thats all you need, a basic grasp.

Do you see any rich economists?
Google Long Term Capital Management, this was run by economists that where 'so smart' that they won a noble peace prize. Yet how did their investments go?????

You might not have 'a strong point' in economics, but that might be a good thing, it stops you from suffering analysis paralysis. It might also prevent you from being over confident (which can be a serious wealth hazard), just because the economics stack up.

Invest intelligently and you stand a higher probability of creating long term wealth, and not being a supernova.

True,

There are about 8 or so serial offenders (including 2 women) who have nothing positive to say about anything and will just grab onto anything remotely negative or reactive to push their points and make others wrong.

I have identified them, worked out their psychologies (driven by low toned emotions, mainly fear and anger) and have put them on an ignore list.

My suggestion to posters is that you don't have to put up with it, you don't have to read everyone's posts, ignore lists are great because you can read what the more positive well balanced posters are saying and ignore the controlling disempowering ones.

I have asked them in previous posts to reveal who they are and tell us what they have achieved in life. If they push their points so strongly they must work right? Be more proactive and tell us how and why their points work and what they have done with them. There were no takers...

Bullies can be squashed like bugs, they are cowards inside and hiding behind an alias on an internet forum and attacking other's view points just proves it.

We're onto you! ;)

True,

There are about 8 or so serial offenders (including 2 women) who have nothing positive to say about anything and will just grab onto anything remotely negative or reactive to push their points and make others wrong.

I have identified them, worked out their psychologies (driven by low toned emotions, mainly fear and anger) and have put them on an ignore list.

My suggestion to posters is that you don't have to put up with it, you don't have to read everyone's posts, ignore lists are great because you can read what the more positive well balanced posters are saying and ignore the controlling disempowering ones.

I have asked them in previous posts to reveal who they are and tell us what they have achieved in life. If they push their points so strongly they must work right? Be more proactive and tell us how and why their points work and what they have done with them. There were no takers...

Bullies can be squashed like bugs, they are cowards inside and hiding behind an alias on an internet forum and attacking other's view points just proves it.

We're onto you! ;)

OOOOooo Now you have me curious who is on your ignore list! Am I on it ;) :D Of course if you reply to this I'm not and if you don't you may have just chosen not to reply! :rolleyes: :p

I tend to just skip through the rants, as there are still pearls of wisdom and information in there. Personally, I've learnt a shedload about investing in general since joining this forum.

The congratulations when you buy are really nice too.:)

Warning: Chest hair may be present!

I like this forum because it's full of good information from people that are nice enough to share. It pisses me off a bit whenever someone reveals something which has any sort of flaw or downside, that sometimes the nice person gets attacked, usually with some sort of arrogant attitude.

Constructive criticism is great, but criticising without offering a better alternative is just bad form. If you really feel that you have to say something negative to somebody, and don't have anything better to add, then at least be nice about it, as you would in real life :mad:

Internet trolls are all over most forums, so this place is pretty good overall.

True,

We're onto you! ;)

Well said Xenia...
One of the senior guys at my work is exactly like that - negative to the core, he can't say one good thing about another person or an event for that matter. Its been the last 2 years that this change has happenend. Before he was a bubbly and well respected mate. Everyone would come to him for ideas. But now, his office, has two visitors only - him and the cleaners :D

We go for coffee often and I always come back half an hour later promising I won't go with him again! Because he does my head in. And life looks too bleak. But again the next day I am with him (cause he invites me and I am too polite to refuse) and it repeats over and over. Famously he is known to put down people in a meeting or a working forum and ride a high spot. Albeit for a short period. I think its like drugs, they get a high from trampling people!

At the end of it all, there is only one lesson to be learnt from people like these - "how not to be one of them" :rolleyes:

Just thinking out aloud here.

For those that have people on their ignore list...wouldn't it ruin the theme of some threads if certain posters comments have been deleted from the thread?

FWIW, I obviously have no-one on the ignore list :)

Regards
Marty

Back