Hairy Chested Posters

and I assume my nickname gives you impressions of someone with a God complex ? :rolleyes:

I laughed a little when I red Xenia's post about how there's 8 people including 2 women. Not her opinion that she finds 8 people a certain wy, a fact that they are that way.

are you trying to be spiteful and sarcastic to cause a reaction?

I aint going there girlfriend...

But you seem to do this alot JC, especially with my posts, "who told you..., who asked you.... why are you acting like.... (do a search on her posts and you will see what I mean)

do you have a xenia complex? Have you mistaken ME for god?

Give it a rest!

Other's state a fact or a point of view (even in an overt bullying way) but you just seem to want to cause reactions in other people in a covert way.

Now what do we call this type of behaviour..... Passive aggressive?

How does this help anyone? Even you?

I would be way more interested to know what you have achieved to date, how you did it and how you got there and I'm sure others would to!

I can't see anything wrong with othere peoples opinions,not everyone is a snake oil humantarian in this site,just depends on the different levels of acute gullibility ..willair..

Nobody was really making the assumption anyone was.
Only the questionable claims of the guest speaker.

are you trying to be spiteful and sarcastic to cause a reaction?

I aint going there girlfriend...

But you seem to do this alot JC, especially with my posts, "who told you..., who asked you.... why are you acting like.... (do a search on her posts and you will see what I mean)

do you have a xenia complex? Have you mistaken ME for god?

Give it a rest!

Other's state a fact or a point of view (even in an overt bullying way) but you just seem to want to cause reactions in other people in a covert way.

Now what do we call this type of behaviour..... Passive aggressive?

How does this help anyone? Even you?

I would be way more interested to know what you have achieved to date, how you did it and how you got there and I'm sure others would to!

Actually we did agree discussing yiaourti on another thread.

Something you have shown me is maybe why I should use my real name.... It's John btw

Last edited:
Some people here know my first name - some don't.

But i am in the category of wanting to remain relatively anonymous. i don't want people to do a google on my real name and find themselves here.

I come here to learn and to share my thoughts and theories and knowledge - as i do in the pub (but i don't preach it on a soapbox). I'm not selling anything nor am i pushing anything - just an average joe.

We are all strangers in the street, by chance our separate glances may meet (a beer/drink for anyone who can name that amended quote?), so i'd like to think we are all strangers here but in the same street. Some people we choose to ignore, some we strive to listen to.

My thoughts.

Thanks

g

Actually we did agree discussing yiaourti on another thread.

Something you have shown me is maybe why I should use my real name.... It's John btw

Thanks for clarifying John (got that one wrong :)). we do not need to agree on anything yiaourti or otherwise...

everyone has a different view point and that's fine. Some mutual respect would be very much appreciated.

Like wise.

Please accept a crticque of your post for what it is and not a personal attack any more than you beleive your post criquing somone else's opinion is.

I bought the low fat version of yiaourti today. How'm I meant to make tzatziki out of it now ?

sometimes I do think maybe our names define us too much
Hah, I *look* like a rumpled elf. Its what someone called me over 10 years ago now and the name has stuck to the point I'll answer to Elf or Elfy in real life too.

Its the pointy nose and the small build that does it :)

We go for coffee often and I always come back half an hour later promising I won't go with him again! Because he does my head in. And life looks too bleak. But again the next day I am with him (cause he invites me and I am too polite to refuse) and it repeats over and over.
I'm curious...you've admitted that you do not gain anything beneficial (apart from seeing what you don't want to be) and yet you let yourself be corralled out repeatedly...
Why not either initiate change in him, or not go for coffee (which you end up regretting)?

I'm curious...you've admitted that you do not gain anything beneficial (apart from seeing what you don't want to be) and yet you let yourself be corralled out repeatedly...
Why not either initiate change in him, or not go for coffee (which you end up regretting)?

Don't be curious.....it's quite simple really, he's.....

One of the senior guys at my work

Well done Marty. I owe you a drink.

I'm thrilled that someone can recognise a modified quote from such a brilliant and yet obscure song.
No drink required.

Took me a little while to recollect the lyrics. Haven't heard the song in many years, may dig it out today and have a listen.

Regards
Marty

Like wise.

Please accept a crticque of your post for what it is and not a personal attack any more than you beleive your post criquing somone else's opinion is.

I bought the low fat version of yiaourti today. How'm I meant to make tzatziki out of it now ?

Well the big learning curve for me in this thread is that you can find common ground with anyone. Thanks for sourcing out what that was JC.

Does greek-style yoghurt come in a low fat version? I can see my dad now throwing it out the window if it was presented to him ;)

I tend to just skip through the rants, as there are still pearls of wisdom and information in there. Personally, I've learnt a shedload about investing in general since joining this forum.
Agreed.
If you really feel that you have to say something negative to somebody, and don't have anything better to add, then at least be nice about it, as you would in real life :mad:
I agree; somehow we feel comfortable saying things to people on an internet forum that we'd never say to them face-to-face. I think it's a natural instinct, because I know that I think more carefully about my responses to the Somersofters that I've met in person, than I do to more "anonymous" Somersofters. At the risk of sounding sickeningly sweet, I try to remember that strangers are just "friends/acquaintances I haven't met", but it's hard to maintain that view all the time - especially when responding to somebody who hasn't shown others the same courtesy.
P.S. My handle is my real name - both first and last name. I post under my real name because that's how I roll.
Nice to see you back on the forum, Mark!
The Y-man is my real name. I have an alias I use in the non-cyber world. ;)
Love your work.

I get amused by people reading my handle as "ozprop". :D My family nickname is Perpee (what my brother called me when he was a baby), or Perp for short. Perp was taken as a gmail address, so I took ozperp, and used that here, too. :)

Other times, people have assumed that Perp is in the police-talk sense, ie short for Perpetrator! :eek:

Back