Hairy Chested Posters

Well said Xenia...
One of the senior guys at my work is exactly like that - negative to the core, he can't say one good thing about another person or an event for that matter. Its been the last 2 years that this change has happenend. Before he was a bubbly and well respected mate. Everyone would come to him for ideas. But now, his office, has two visitors only - him and the cleaners :D
trampling people! :rolleyes:

I can't help but wonder "what happened" 2 years ago that triggered the change? :confused:

Maybe finding that out could help him revert back to the "bubbly respected" person he was.

Just a thought.

and it repeats over and over.
Oh you poor little thing, we're just like a big herd of elephants trampling a nice field of little daisies like you...so sad. :rolleyes:

What happened is that many of those people were here to promote and sell their services, claiming returns that would never end.
And others who believed their them and followed their advice & schemes, and lost out.
Yet every time someone raised a question, they were given the same response of being a negative naysayer.
Never much reply to the questions or any numbers, just attack the person's character as "negative".

So now we have left the hardnosed long term investors, many of whom that would'nt stand for their pollyana party, and are still here to talk about it.
And the difference is we have something to actually talk about, rather then something to sell.

And the difference is we have something to actually talk about, rather then something to sell.

We're all ears piston. perhaps you could offer some free information, without selling that could benefit some of the newer investors here.

I run network meetings in Adelaide, there are speakers with a commercial interest who pay to speak (yes we do charge speakers to speak, I make no appologies for that (insert rant here if you want...;)) the real estate wealth network is a pty ltd company with a commercial interest. We don't charge people to attend the meetings but do charge the speakers.

....and we also have speakers such as yourelf, Rob Williams, Dazz has offered to speak but other priorites had emerged on the day, who will offer their pearls of wisdom to investors and have no commercial interst so there are no speaking fees (the costs have all been covered on the night, but the stage is available to offer more information to investors)

If you are truly a successful investor with information to share who "has something to say" and who has a method that works and have made some real money in investing, we would all love to hear from you.

Would you like an audience to share what has worked for you? Here is my email [email protected]

Oh yeah and by the way, speakers that have something valuable to share usually do not hide behind an internet alias, they are happy to reveal their real identity. You know who I am, now who are you? ;)

Xenia,

The only reason you're not anonymous is because you use your sig. to promote your business. And, of course, you couldn't benefit from the forum like that if you were anonymous.

Also, why do you take it for granted that people who have succeeded in one area or another want to share their strategies from a stage? Many don't and i cant understand why you continue to see that as a negative.

Beside that, and in a more general tone, we'd all like to make the world (and this forum as a microcosm of it) into the idyllic place where we'd never be challenged, never have to listen to negativity, the fields would be full of flowers.....you get the picture.

But that's bunk...that's not real life....that does more damage than good. As an analogy. I know for a fact (as a part time small bus. consultant) that if a business ignores negative feedback and only wants to hear glowing, positive testimonials, they are living in dreamland and their days are probably numbered.

They benefit more from the negative feedback then they do from the positive. As it is in life.

And if any posters on here seem over promotional, unethical, pompous, lie, yada yada...they are going to attract negativity. As it should be.

Get over your selves guys and get real.

Hi Xenia, I have some free information to provide - and I don't need a stage to talk from. This free piece of information is: if anyone - anyone - tells you (you being in general, not you personally) that you can trade CFD's with 50:1 leverage with 'minimal risk' then you should run in the opposite direction as fast as you can. *Note: this is just my opinion, but I'm quite confident that if you speak to people with a good amount of knowledge in this area, who have nothing to sell you, they will tell you exactly the same thing

You see, I know you think I'm just being negative by saying so, but the reason I posted what I did (and why I'm posting this) was because I hoped that if just one person read it and decided not to do the course, then my job is done. See, the thing is that very few, if any, people who would pay that fella $7,000 to do his course have any business getting involved with CFD's. In fact, it could be said that those qualified to trade CFD's have no need to sit in a two day seminar, they went to Uni for four years to do that.

CFD's, in the wrong hands, are a very risky product. Taking $7,000 from someone and claiming that you can show them how to trade CFD's with minimal risk is, in my opinion, a straight out lie and no foolin'. That 'advice' (if you can call it that) is nothing short of dangerous and has the very real potential of completely wiping people out financially. But hey, by the time they work it out (possibly for the worse) Daniel is long gone.

P.S. My handle is my real name - both first and last name. I post under my real name because that's how I roll.

Well Rugrat is obviously not my real name, but I use it not because i am trying to hide behind an alias, but rather because It is a very uncommon forum where I am actually able to my real name as username (Melissa). Apparantly it is a very popular name ;)

And I am my cat! I reckon rugrat is a cute name, but sometimes I do think maybe our names define us too much - for instance, I cant help but think of that TV programme, which I loved, called Rugrats, so whenever I see you post I think of the little kids creating havoc! Kinda nice. But maybe not the image you might want of yourself?

sometimes I do think maybe our names define us too much - for instance, I cant help but think of that TV programme, which I loved, called Rugrats, so whenever I see you post I think of the little kids creating havoc! Kinda nice. But maybe not the image you might want of yourself?
Perhaps that means I go around breathing fire and spitting blood ;):)

Regards
Marty

And I am my cat! I reckon rugrat is a cute name, but sometimes I do think maybe our names define us too much - for instance, I cant help but think of that TV programme, which I loved, called Rugrats, so whenever I see you post I think of the little kids creating havoc! Kinda nice. But maybe not the image you might want of yourself?

and I assume my nickname gives you impressions of someone with a God complex ? :rolleyes:

I laughed a little when I red Xenia's post about how there's 8 people including 2 women. Not her opinion that she finds 8 people a certain wy, a fact that they are that way.

True,

There are about 8 or so serial offenders (including 2 women) who have nothing positive to say about anything and will just grab onto anything remotely negative or reactive to push their points and make others wrong.

I have identified them, worked out their psychologies (driven by low toned emotions, mainly fear and anger) and have put them on an ignore list.

My suggestion to posters is that you don't have to put up with it, you don't have to read everyone's posts, ignore lists are great because you can read what the more positive well balanced posters are saying and ignore the controlling disempowering ones.

I have asked them in previous posts to reveal who they are and tell us what they have achieved in life. If they push their points so strongly they must work right? Be more proactive and tell us how and why their points work and what they have done with them. There were no takers...

Bullies can be squashed like bugs, they are cowards inside and hiding behind an alias on an internet forum and attacking other's view points just proves it.

We're onto you! ;)

Why use the ignore when you can have a really good ding-dong fight? :D

I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but I'm guessing that's not your photo either :)

Big Tone's pic is Tony Soprano alias "Tony Uncle Johnny", "Ron Spears", "Kevin Finnerty", "Mr. Petraglia", "Mr. Bing". So if Tony Soprano is fictional who is Big Tone... and why is he hiding behind such an elaborate cover :rolleyes:

Actually that is exactly where I got my login name from :D I'm not joking. I love that cartoon, so do my kids. My eldest is actually named Angelica and she thinks the caracter in the cartoon IS her :rolleyes: Also, I still consider myself pretty young (27) and only consider myself a novice when it comes to PI, So I thought the name rugrat was rather fitting.

Xenia, there is no reason for me to identify myself as I'm not here to promote anything, nor as GC suggested to "make friends".
It's a discussion forum to discuss investing mainly in real estate.
I sold an IP in BNE, did I come here lambasting the forum telling the forum how Brissie RE is going to boom and double it's value? Nope, the opposite infact. I posted I'm selling down to decrease my LVR to cashup for the credit tightning.
I have vacant land to be developed and sold. Do I come here telling everybody how Sydney real estate is undervalued and they better buy OTP asap before it explodes into a massive buying frenzy because there's no land left?
Nope. I come here posting about the BS myth of no more land left.
I was even a doomer & gloomer.

That's the difference, I come here to discuss and air my views form outside the box. And to read what someone else may have to say.
Without any strings attached and my record on this forum goes back a few years now, for anyone willing to search.

As an x Futures & FX trader, I don't agree with what mark says. I trade 50:1 and it depends what and how you trade, but that's for another thread.
But if I come here telling you i made $1 mil trading and will sell you my system and teach you how to do it's so easy, then I believe everyone is entitled to ask questions.
If they come and say "I'm only gonna show u how I did it, take what you will from it", I'd be happy to pay the fee and listen, regardless how they did it.

Some of us don't like to tell our whole life story on a public forum, or to someone we've just met, or even at all.
Some may have industry views & insights like Token Funder, that if identified could cause them trouble at work. I'd rather he be anonymous.
And some of us prefer to walk down the street and just blend in with everybody else and not be singled out as the "property guy".
And sometimes it's a matter of security, just look at McGurk... :eek:
Some of us have much more to lose than gain by being identified.

I admit I like the banter, and I like the "ding-dong" cause that's what brings out all the opposite sides of the argument.
That's also why we have a parliament and how our laws are made.

True,

There are about 8 or so serial offenders (including 2 women) who have nothing positive to say about anything and will just grab onto anything remotely negative or reactive to push their points and make others wrong.

;)
I can't see anything wrong with othere peoples opinions,not everyone is a snake oil humantarian in this site,just depends on the different levels of acute gullibility ..willair..

Back