Hairy Chested Posters

Hi Xenia, I have some free information to provide - and I don't need a stage to talk from. This free piece of information is: if anyone - anyone - tells you (you being in general, not you personally) that you can trade CFD's with 50:1 leverage with 'minimal risk' then you should run in the opposite direction as fast as you can. *Note: this is just my opinion, but I'm quite confident that if you speak to people with a good amount of knowledge in this area, who have nothing to sell you, they will tell you exactly the same thing

You see, I know you think I'm just being negative by saying so, but the reason I posted what I did (and why I'm posting this) was because I hoped that if just one person read it and decided not to do the course, then my job is done. See, the thing is that very few, if any, people who would pay that fella $7,000 to do his course have any business getting involved with CFD's. In fact, it could be said that those qualified to trade CFD's have no need to sit in a two day seminar, they went to Uni for four years to do that.

CFD's, in the wrong hands, are a very risky product. Taking $7,000 from someone and claiming that you can show them how to trade CFD's with minimal risk is, in my opinion, a straight out lie and no foolin'. That 'advice' (if you can call it that) is nothing short of dangerous and has the very real potential of completely wiping people out financially. But hey, by the time they work it out (possibly for the worse) Daniel is long gone.

P.S. My handle is my real name - both first and last name. I post under my real name because that's how I roll.

I like to read between the lines in posts and look at the intention behind them (I get it wrong sometimes but I still like to give it a go). This basically says to me that your intentions are of good nature and congratulations to you.

I would assume that people are aware that highly leveraged derivatives would be higher risk....(even I know that and I have never worked with cfds just bought the course last week though) then again, never assume and you are probably right some people may need the added warning bells and protection.

Not everyone! I sacked my accountant this year because everything I was doing was a HUGE risk! :rolleyes: He was right, it all was, but with 80 page business plans in place and written contingencies it was a risk all partners were prepared to take and it got tiring seeing him put a negative spin on everything, it was almost an insult and what I heard was... I think you are too stupid to give it a go, stay put and work IN this business for the rest of your life (it worked for me) and have a fear of losing money because I certainly have.

Money is not precious for me it is a commodity to be used and enjoyed and I have zero fears with it. Wealth is the value you create in yourself and is still there if you lose all of your money.

Here is an email from a client who is contemplating buying the course. I told her in previous emails I dont know much about it..

Thanks Xenia for this feedback, because I also don't know anything about the share market Ive asked a few people who do and most of them say "oooh CFDs are big time risk"
But im not putting too much weight on these opinions, id rather find out for myself.
Anyway speak soon

some people just need enough information to make up their own minds.

some people are able to make things work. Some bomb out! There are 300,000 diets on public record and gyms at every corner. People are still FAT!

But the potential to be thin and rich are in everyone.

Dont underestimate the unlimited potential of all beings many of us are starting to wake up to unlimited possibilities and don't want the warnings because we can look after ourselves.

BTW I have no opinion on the cfd course so you don't have to convince me one way or the other and it is no concern to me at all whether people buy it or not.

OK back to work, thanks for your comments.

Dont underestimate the unlimited potential of all beings many of us are starting to wake up to unlimited possibilities and don't want the warnings because we can look after ourselves.

Considering that 90% of people that trade markets end up losing money and only 5% retire wealthy I think your in financial lala land.
People like Anthony Robbins never did anything in their life except tell "you can do it, you have unlimited power", and the sheep qued up with their wads of cash.
But the stats tell a different story of an almost 100% failure rate of these people who preach that unlimited & instant power & wealth is easy to achieve.
It's quite clear the the vast majority way overestimates their potential which has proved to be very limited.
Negative or Truth?

Nobody likes the truth so it it must be negative naysaing to put other people down.
Instead of saying "hey you can do it, but you gonna be working that butt off for a while", which is "negative", we should tell them "it's easy to turn 2k into 1mil, I do it all the time" because that is positive and unleashes their "unlimited power".

Is promoting expensive courses & seminars proven to be failures the method to unleash the power of the masses? I strongly disagree.
Of course I'd be happy to see data that proves otherwise.

Attachments

• duty_calls.png
    duty_calls.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 93
I have no issue with discussions and arguments, and I enjoy them, but what I dont like is when the discussion moves from the general to the personal. Critique the discussion and not the person who makes the argument (play the ball and not the (wo)man) And that applies to everyone, hairy chested or not. The personal attacks on this forum where I have been involved have mostly come from people I assume to be males, but there are a couple of female ones around too.

BTW I have no opinion on the cfd course so you don't have to convince me one way or the other and it is no concern to me at all whether people buy it or not.

OK back to work, thanks for your comments.

I dont care if you buy herion and shoot it into your eyeballs but I dont have drug dealers pay me so that they hang out in my garage and me send emails to everyone telling them so!

Big Tone

I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but I'm guessing that's not your photo either :)

Actually Rob.............I am fatter, uglier, richer and get more women!

(nah, not really, on all counts that is not just the women part by the way or the ones I have to pay anyways.)

Big Tone

Big Tone's pic is Tony Soprano alias "Tony Uncle Johnny", "Ron Spears", "Kevin Finnerty", "Mr. Petraglia", "Mr. Bing". So if Tony Soprano is fictional who is Big Tone... and why is he hiding behind such an elaborate cover :rolleyes:

Dont forget Mr Gigliotti!

Quote:
Thanks Xenia for this feedback, because I also don't know anything about the share market Ive asked a few people who do and most of them say "oooh CFDs are big time risk"
But im not putting too much weight on these opinions, id rather find out for myself.Anyway speak soon

They will :D

Risk = Reward, but how about probability

Working 8-10 hr days, drinking beer and eating takeaway, annual holidays with the family to Bali is not the way to riches either for the average aussie. It can be evry confusing for those that decide to look though, because the vultures are always hungry

I hide behind the type of car I drive, mostly because I'm a (reformed?) bogan who loves big V8s.

I agree with the play the ball not the man bit - it makes the arguments more interesting. Also, people aren't going to bag you if you admit you're wrong. I remember arguing here about rent and invest versus PPOR, and once someone took the time to explain the whole story, I realised I was, in fact, wide of the mark. Great learning experience, nothing personal and it provided good information to other readers.

Back