The All Ords and 5,000 (again)

The Poms just don't understand BHP Billiton. It dropped nearly 4% over there despite oil rising plus most metals. What are they thinking? Alan Kohler mentioned months ago that BHP should use it's massive cashflows to buy back the London based shares. Good idea too I reckon.

See ya's.

The Poms just don't understand BHP Billiton. It dropped nearly 4% over there despite oil rising plus most metals. What are they thinking? Alan Kohler mentioned months ago that BHP should use it's massive cashflows to buy back the London based shares. Good idea too I reckon.

See ya's.
Nor is the value of Uranium at Olympic Dam understood. They have just announced an 11% increase of the resource. Forget how many millions of tons of the stuff they have but eventually it will be a massive cash cow like the Gawar oil field.

Here's the passage:

The upgrade adds more than 188,000 tonnes of uranium - worth close to $30 billion at current spot prices - to the previous estimate of 1.5 million tonnes, itself accounting for about 40 per cent of the world's known uranium resources.

Last edited:
Nor is the value of Uranium at Olympic Dam understood. They have just announced an 11% increase of the resource.
Richard C,asx 200 is now back above the 5200 mark and BHP is still
below $25 makes you think about companys like them as one would
think longterm they hold huge advantages over smaller and less
experienced competitiors......good luck willair...........

Zinifex, ex div today 70c. Fully franked.
Finishes up 2c, at $13.10.
Ya gotta love that! I hold.

Some big moves in resource stocks in the last week. Minara resources MRE one of the most amazing.

See ya's.

The pain of the last six mths is rapidly becoming a memory. :D :D :D

Not only was my beloved Ag miner up 5% but some lesser lights had a good day too. MCR up 16% (but I only have 10% of them as I do BSG.)

If you're not into "things" (a technical term Jim Rogers uses regularly) you're not where the action is. LOL

Does anyone have a chart of the various metals/minerals and thier price Growth over the last few years?

Zinc and Nickel have left gold in thier wake have they not ?

I saw a chart once but know not where...

How about a combined chart?

I'm searching for a great discussion I heard from a Tasmanian lettuce Farmer on the radio today about Australia, farming and Values that may interest you as well TopCropper

The Poms still have no idea what to do with their BHP Billiton shares. Someone please put them out of their misery and buy the lot back.

Cheers.

[Uranium,
[/quote]]

imho.
Topcropper,thanks for those links,BHP did look undervalued a few weeks ago but it certainly has helped the bank balance.
I hope you have rain out your way.good luck willair.........

Last edited:
Does anyone have a chart of the various metals/minerals and thier price Growth over the last few years?

Zinc is hitting all time highs (up to 1.80 pound - once it breaks that resistance the price may quickly rise to $2 and more).
I have made some money on KZL. ZFX amazing yesterday , pays a a 70c dividend and ends up being up.
CBH is another to watch.
Zinc also is in very short supply - and diminishing.

BTW - This is just my opinion, this is not intended as financial advice. All people do your own due dilligence.

Yes, gold has not kept pace with other metals. But strangely mining stocks have not followed the price of their product up. ZFX and MCR were screaming buys and still are in spite of the rises in the last few days. And for the less adventurous, BHP is way under valued. (In my humble opinion, of course:) )

ps Did my first ever short trade y'day and sold 10k AWB. It's made me $1,300 so far. I would hate to be long this one. LOL

Hi,

Well great to see the market finally recover from May / June period and start pushing towards previous highs. I wonder though, how many investors are treading lightly at the moment as we are in October after all.

Has confidence been fully restored.......time will tell.

The Dow has reached all time highs and it would seem we will soon be following suit........interesting times ahead.

Cheers

Jared

Back