The Beach House

You are working so hard Sailor :)

Heavy renovating work wrecked my elbow joints years ago, because I carried weights I shouldn't have (one end of a lamp pole) and my elbows haven't been the same since. You have to look after yourself because it is possible to over exert yourself and do permanent damage.

But you are probably working more sensibly than I was :D
Good advice Tizzy...I'm currently asking the universe for a fit and young toy boy, who is good with his hands. I fgure if he's into IP's and has reno skills...tis a bonus!:D

:D Well just make sure you order one who doesn't need an offsider to hold things for him. My "toy boy" was very fond of saying "just chuck us that would ya" or "Grab the end of this for me" . :rolleyes:

You need one who will let you sit back with your long tall glass watching him work!!

:D Well just make sure you order one who doesn't need an offsider to hold things for him. My "toy boy" was very fond of saying "just chuck us that would ya" or "Grab the end of this for me" . :rolleyes:

You need one who will let you sit back with your long tall glass watching him work!!

Here! Here! Supervis is the best job. :cool:

Hi Sailor,

I really think you would get too bored after a while sitting around watching, you have learnt too much and are too hands on to let this happen, same with Celeste.
I guess it's nice to dream though. :rolleyes:

Bronwyn.

Good advice Tizzy...I'm currently asking the universe for a fit and young toy boy, who is good with his hands. I fgure if he's into IP's and has reno skills...tis a bonus!:D

That's funny Sailor.
BTW...I found my toy boy on the net.
I could watch him work all day.

Whats happening this week Sailor?

I hope this is not being presumptious but I know that Sailor is conspicuous by her absence from this forum atm and I want to let you know that she is well and VERY happy. Let's just say the universe is delivering!

Cheers

I hope this is not being presumptious but I know that Sailor is conspicuous by her absence from this forum atm and I want to let you know that she is well and VERY happy. Let's just say the universe is delivering!

Cheers
Thanks Bernly!:D I did ask the universe...using LOA of course....sat back and waited. Universe delivered...so that's my excuse for my absence from SS over the past week. Toyboy arrived...just as I asked...fit...lean...good with his hands...and into renos (doing his own at present)...what more could a girl ask for!;) Yes...the universe did deliver over the net...what else could one expect in this technological day and age.:D

(No apologies for all the smiley faces...matches those on my own counternance!

Sailor you've been gone for ages!!:D

Is that the only detail we get???

You know we require step by step descriptions here on good ship SS ;)

Geoff!!I was very polite and avoided the "good with his hands" slip...

.....shame on you for not doing the same :p

....but now that you bring it up. Sailor ????? Please explain???

Sailor you've been gone for ages!!:D

Is that the only detail we get???

You know we require step by step descriptions here on good ship SS ;)
AWOL for 6 days only!:eek:
LOA provided precisely -- as asked.

Details of the house or of the toyboy? (especially this: )
House now has decking timber on the decks. Stairs go in next week...I think I'm repeating myself here. Bottom 2 steps will be concrete (better Feng Shui). Landing is already built.
Blder discovered nothing....repeat nothing...holding up the roof at the front of the house above the louvers. Ordered more steel. (This house has more steel than I could poke a stick at!)
Steel poles (dunno what they're called), welded on the deck to hold up the deck roof.
Had 2 quotes for the most outrageous kitchen I've even designed...this is my 5th kitchen (over the course of my reno lifetime).
Ordered the tiles (black/gray/brown marble effect). Between the doorways I'm having 6" strips of little black pebbles, to delineate some of the rooms.

Man is 5'11" (180cm), brown hair, green eyes, hugs to die for and a smile that makes me melt! Very easy on the eyes. Couple of years younger than me...hence Toyboy. We have similar values, goals, and habits. He works in one of the mines...so away for 2 weeks and home for one. Both into buy/reno/hold. Gave him one of Peter Spans books to read while he's away. Both into fishing, diving, camping, reading.

Geoff!!I was very polite and avoided the "good with his hands" slip...

.....shame on you for not doing the same :p

....but now that you bring it up. Sailor ????? Please explain???

Well, I've achieved one of my goals for this year...wanted to learn how to use a drill to screw in screws. He's a very good teacher. But what I meant in terms of "good with his hands" was basically reno-capabilities....you know...good on the tools!:D

Beach House sounds to be coming along great, your friend sounds divine!!

Well done, have fun, fantastic news...it's a wonderful thing a man good with his hands. ...and I love it when they teach you stuff.

Go Sailor!!!:)

Back