1, 1.5, 2, 3KW Solar Panel Systems

Hi All

Considering having solar panels installed on our roof to, as is the purpose, cut back the electricity bills, especially looking ahead into the future and the sharp increase in price of electricity every year.

Does anyone have a 2 or 3kw or larger system? They are quite expensive but I would think the long term payoff would only take 5 years or so, even less if the electricity keeps increasing in price. We use approx 1800kw per quarter.

Any experiences or recommendations? Im on the Gold Coast. Does your system work as well as expected?

Brett

I think you can opt for some good and affordable solar manufacturer company in gold coast as they will surely help you in planning out your energy needs. There are many well advanced and equipped companies in gold coast that may adjust according to your budget and will suit your needs.

redsquash, interested in this too.

We are on the brink of signing up for a 3.43kw system with DELSOLAR 245w Panels and a CLENERGY Inverter. Hoping this will kill our electricity bill entirely at a cost of $8650. AGL pay at $0.52 so we should actually make a few bucks out of it too.
QUOTE]

Wow, I thought it was common to flog off 1.5kw systems for $12,000 or something.. $8650 seems cheap for 3.43kw. Think it costs about $2500 for 1.5kw panels direct from chinese factory where I got smaller panels made.. cool

my system finally goes in tomorrow ... just under 3kw as that is the max panels they could fit on the "best" aspect, and can always add later. cost around $7.5k from memory, after rebates etc. but we were lucky and ordered it under the 66c NSW deal.

next step would be to get solar hot water on the western face - asides from the pool and hot water we are not heavy power users.

Hi
System installed today - the Sharp 1.5 from Origin.
Generating 1200 watts and the house is running off of the system during the day

Interestingly... one of the forms in the pack is an ATO form. Guy commented that if power companies are buying power off of you then it may be discerned as income (and taxable).

Way you get out of your agreement is to disconnect the inverter btw.

interesting regarding the ATO form.

All, there hasn't been much talk here about the solar mounting having any affect on the roof. I just had my roof re-pointed on a terracotta roof and want to get a system up there, and this may be a silly question, but has anyone had any water/leaks where the system is mounted on the roof?

Any payments from power companies to the owner of the panels is not discerned as income by the ATO.

The reason for this is they want to dodge having everyone factoring in depreciation on their heavily subsidised panels. :)

Slightly off topic solar water not solar electric, yesterday we went to the Kilcoy Agricultural show, highlight of the rural social season, such a difference from city RAS shows, actually useful,

for hot water the difference between flat panel collectors and the evacuated tube kind cost is neglible
but the installer (who does both kinds) had their demo models,
flat panel one been up for an hour ~20degrees
evacuated tube, been up for an hour, flashing the water to steam, hot enough for coffee, and the evacuated tube ones dont lose heat overnight, there is no water in the tubes to radiate heat out

probably this is only news to me, but it is very impressive, the solar hot water panel on our house in kilcoy, is stinking cold for m orning showers

solar panels limits to produce electricity?

The greater the intensity of sunlight the greater the electricity produced.
There is a limit as to how much electricity a solar panel can produce in, for example, a minute. i.e. at what point does more solar energy not continue to increase the production of electricity?

Also as temperature increases the panels become more inefficient。By how much?

Is the amount of daily electricity produced something I can correlate closely with my solar hws producing hot water .Is it possible that excessive solar radiation could be just ignored by my solar panels to produce electricity but utilized by my solar HWS?

Back