10% rise in property since april 09

just heard a report that property has risen 10% since april 09 in melbourne metro.
Property market is again on the rise with huge 10% increase since April.
anyone agree & does this mean interest rates may rise 2% by december 2010.

Yes: From API - RP Data.

Sydney 5.1%
Melbourne - 5.9%
Brisbane - 3.1%
Darwin - 4.8%
Canberra - 1.7%
and

Adelaide - minus 0.2%
Perth - minus 0.5%

Apart from Perth and Adelaide- good signs and happy days ahead.:D

I even think by early 2010 we may see interest rate rises.

It's anyone's guess but things are looking good.

Regards Jo

The average in Melb may be 10%, but from my experience where I have been purchasing it is greater than 20% and still rising.

I looked at past sales on a specific Street which I purchased and it works out to 30% in about 3 months.

I have had no problems with bank valuations, they are more than happy to go with the increased values.

Cheers, MTR

Yes: From API - RP Data.

Sydney 5.1%
Melbourne - 5.9%
Brisbane - 3.1%
Darwin - 4.8%
Canberra - 1.7%
and

Adelaide - minus 0.2%
Perth - minus 0.5%

Apart from Perth and Adelaide- good signs and happy days ahead.:D

I even think by early 2010 we may see interest rate rises.

It's anyone's guess but things are looking good.

Regards Jo

seems like some funny data... from REIWA:

10 July 2009

Preliminary data released today by the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia show that Perth’s median sale price for homes grew by $15,000, or around 3.5 per cent, in the June quarter.

seems like some funny data... from REIWA:

10 July 2009

Preliminary data released today by the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia show that Perth’s median sale price for homes grew by $15,000, or around 3.5 per cent, in the June quarter.

Those figures are year to to date which was May 2009. Your figures are June quarter alone.

I would be more interested to see the June quarter figures as they are more reflective of the current market.

Regards Jo

still doesn't tally as growth in q1 was 2.4%, so ytd = 5.9%. just illustrates the dangers of relyinh on these stats, as I have seen some quality houses sell at 40% off. I thought all these FHO sales wuld depress the median yet it is rising. wait till that eases off and the trade up market kicks in!

Back