$100k to invest in non property

Hi,

I have roughly $100,000 i want to invest to increase my cashflow, hapopy to invest for long term. i dont want to buy property or listed shares. Any ideas??

Thanks

those 5 years bonds that pay interest and capital monthly, cant remember what they are called off the top of my head, but once they are in your tax returns some lenders can use them for assessable income.

Another option might be a brokers trail book, in partnership with a broker who is knowledgable in this area and is happy to look after the existing customers for you.

Yep as Aaron_Sice has said investing in private lending is a big area these days. Examples include Provident Capital, Liberty Financial etc.

Any ideas where we can find a list? looking to diversify the family trust a bit.

At the moment, i've got some cash in provident capital (9.5% for 5 years), but couldn't find anyone else.

A number of institutions are issuing notes ATM.

WBC is offering convertible notes @ nearly 8%. They are long term but can be traded on the ASX. ANZ has subordinated notes returning over 7%. I think AGL has offered some too.

Check with a broker/advisor.

A number of institutions are issuing notes ATM.

WBC is offering convertible notes @ nearly 8%. They are long term but can be traded on the ASX. ANZ has subordinated notes returning over 7%. I think AGL has offered some too.

Check with a broker/advisor.

why would i buy a note / convertable note when i can by the stock which is paying a better dividend, especially in super fund

in terms of risk, they just rank ahead of ord shares, if one of these companies fell over the whole country is ratsh*t anyway

why would i buy a note / convertable note when i can by the stock which is paying a better dividend, especially in super fund

in terms of risk, they just rank ahead of ord shares, if one of these companies fell over the whole country is ratsh*t anyway

Why ask me? The OP said he/she didn't want shares.

Besides, I'm on record as saying I wouldn't own bank shares and my reasons are still valid. Both capital price and div are guaranteed on the notes, neither are for the shares.

Chart a note against its ordinary shares for the answer. Cash flow without the volatility appears to be the objective. The notes will deliver this.

i remember what happened to alot of these notes i n the GFC, some were trading at a discount of upto 40% face value.

the banks notes from memory didnt suffer tobad during this time,

plenty of good money to be made investing in businesses of various sorts, including mortgage loan books, seed capital for many ventures.

You didn't mention a particular risk profile, I suppose we can make some assumptions based on the fact that listed shares are a bit of a risk for you, so direct exposure in seed capital to any business is probably too high.

a mortgage book with appropriate due diligence might be a lowish risk investment

ta

rolf

Thanks for all the responses.

I am very comfortable with risk, in fact im looking for some good potential returns...therefore an increase in risk. However, not extremely risky.

I like the idea of the private lending.

But i like the idea of seed capital even more - any recommendations on how one would get involved in this/? Any sites etc...

Thanks

Really, i thought it was zero and relied on the greater fool to pay more than you paid for it.
Sort of sounds like a ponzi scheme

Back