• 3 IPs

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 4 IPs

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 5 IPs or more

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Settled on block of 3 in January. Spent this year renovating in stages (while fully tenanted) which is now stretching into next year but hopefully all done by March 08. Then revalue all properties to see where we are.

Not 100% sure how to proceed next, re. servicability we probably can't / don't want to buy more property at the moment so I've dedicated the first 6 month of 2008 to educate myself about the share market to get that side of our strategy started.

Cheers

kaf

No purchases during 07 unfortunately for us but we have managed to improve our finacial situation somewhat which has been nice. LVR looking better than it was at the start of 07 and we have a good buffer on our PPOR loan which is what we were aiming for as well as nearly completed reno on our PPOR.

SO if all goes well IP number 2 should be purchased during 2008 and I cant wait :D

Jayro

none for me, This year was about getting married, and paying off consumer debt.

Will probably buy our next ppor late next year. We have about 30k equity (at 95%lvr) but wont use that for the next ppor... We'll keep it for the next IP after that.

No properties- but a new business, about to start in a week.

Capital appreciation at the start should be quite rapid- no goodwill to pay for.

It may even partially make up for having overpaid for the last one :(

Bought my first ever IP.

I'm planning 2008 to be a lot of savings, and getting myself financially stable to buy 2 more IP's 2009. I'd love to pickup one late next year but I doubt it.

Planned 2, bought 2 - Brighton East and Hampton, Vic.

Finishing renow. on 2nd by christmas.

2008 - buy 2 more or a block or 2 to subdivide and either knock down existing factory and build new factory or sell industrial site we own.

Planned for about 2, however purchased 4.

2 in Frankston Vic and 2 In Queensland, Banyo and Sandstone Point.

2008 will focus on 1 more in Frankston area. Preferably Frankston South on a llarge block with future development potential.

Matt

Great post. It would be interesting to here the values of the IP's people are buying as well.

I bought my 1st this year a 2 bedder in Kingsford for $416k and now looking at a 2nd in Nerang for 250k which I hope to secure early next year .

would be interesting to run a similar poll entitled '2007 how many properties did you sell?'

strange that 25% of people here didn't buy a property all year. maybe it's just 12.5% are gettign ready and the other 12.5% have already accumulated all they want and just read here for interest and ongoing tips

Great post. It would be interesting to here [sic] the values of the IP's people are buying as well.

Yes it would Ben.....but then that would transport the thread from a socially acceptable high level chit-chat, into one of pure numbers where people feel embarrassed, threatened, overwhelmed or underwhelmed depending on the numbers.

Saying you've bought 28 properties in the past 2 weeks sounds just jiffy....people don't want to go spoiling the illusion by detailing that they cost 15K each, and it's really a rundown block of 1x28 bedsits in the back of beyond.

yeah that is a fair enough point dazzling, I guess not everyone feels as comfortable about talking about numbers as others :) It wasn't my intent to make anyone feel embarrassed or threatened, I just think that it is a bit irrelevant to say how many you bought when there isn't a monetary value to it.

This is just my opinion though.

...I just think that it is a bit irrelevant to say how many you bought when there isn't a monetary value to it.

In fact it is all somewhat irrelevant even with the monetary value, as it all depends on other factors. For example, if you are earning $500k pa, buying a $1m property would not be much of a stretch compared to someone earning $50k.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Time flies... ... We are at the end of 07

In 07 I bought 3 in Kew, 1 in Mont Albert, 1 in Blackburn, 1 in Frankston. All houses in melbourne. Still thinking of buying in 08.

Back