2011 to 2013 - the coming world depression ?

so much confusion. Best to just cover cashflow and bunker down, like everyone else.

You should do that at least.

I believe there are some pro-active things you can do but you must come to such an idea yourself, believe in it and commit.

I would be ridiculed if I expanded on this idea, though, so I'll save myself the angst.

Sunfish - by posting on the internet you open yourself up to analysis, not ridicule.

your POV and my POV are 2 different things, i probably have double the amount of time left on this rock than you do so of course viewpoints and strategies will differ.

i like your posts and am not attacking you - but i get ethereal when i dissect propaganda.

You should do that at least.

I believe there are some pro-active things you can do but you must come to such an idea yourself, believe in it and commit.

I would be ridiculed if I expanded on this idea, though, so I'll save myself the angst.

OMG that's like telling half a joke.... c'mon SF... how the heck does one move forward in this inflation/deflation environment? high yield property with locked rates with gold holdings??

I'll going off the high inflation idea. I believed it was inevitable for a long time but the Central Banks can't get enough money into circulation to make up for the trillions of capital lost and even more trillions being taken out of circulation as everyone de-leverages. The Velocity of money is slowing to a crawl which is deflationary. Ticket prices of most things will continue to rise steadily but the total spent "at the cash register" will be less. I can see no reason why rents paid will go against this trend. If you can keep the rent up you will have more people in the house. The individuals will have less to contribute to the weekly rent bill, so that's what they'll do.

I came to similar POV after having read and listened to the like of Jim Puplava, Marc Faber and Jim Rogers over time.

While many commentators having an US centric mindset, they all came to a similar conclusion that the worst was yet to come.

Interesting... :cool:

I came to similar POV after having read and listened to the like of Jim Puplava, Marc Faber and Jim Rogers over time.

These, and others, have been my primary source for a number of years. While they are good in theory, their timing is off. In their defence they do not pretend to be market timers, the reverse really.

Back in '05 - '06 I used to try to bring the more interesting newsletters/articles they wrote to the attention of the members here but gave up. I was made unwelcome.

You must write your own punchline to the joke, Ausprop.

Back