2nd duplex reno from A to Z

I think sales are sometimes a bit slow over Xmas, but tend to pick up in mid Jan. So this might be your time to sell Celeste! Fingers crossed.

So whats the latest Celeste?
have you finished ? 1 finished, the other another 3 weeks
have you sold ? No!!!
you sound really burned out with renos now Yep big break coming up as soon as I finish
l have to say the holding costs must be biting by now. Sure are!!
look forward to the update
cheers yadreamin

Hi All

A little update, I do not get it, all the blaa blaa about not being able to afford a house and here I am with a fully renovated 3 by 1 for $300k and no one will buy it? I do not get it! all the youguns want the 4 x 2 with a pool and theatre room ?

I have had a lot of interest in the Rent to buy, I had one women who signed the heads of agreement for no1 (note not official until the actual contract signed and that takes a little time thru a lawyer) only to have a fellow contact me and then came out to have a look the next day and hopefully sign up on no2 B4 it was finished.

He said he wanted both, well I rang lady A and she said go for it, so I started negotiations with the fellow. We had emails flying both ways for a week. The last email I had from him was I think we have a deal. Well I have not heard from him since. No replies to emails or phone calls!!!!!!!!!

So I ran lady 1 do you still want it? " yes" ok re organise the signing of the paper work. Well after trying to organise a meet 4 times she stopped returning my calls or answering the phone!!!!!!!!RRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Why can't people just say " Sorry I've changed my mind"

Any way, back to square one.

I did take a break, I went with my girls to Melbourne to visit my family and do a little shopping.

The plan is to advertise for a couple more weeks and if no luck, in goes some tenanats for a while.

Prospects so far, I had a young guy interested before xmas, He needed 1 month to sort out finance, funds in long term accounts or something. So I will ring him this week. I women rang for info on the day I left for Melbourne, will follow up on her this week. A guy from Qld relocating, he has changed his mind about buying for alittle while so I will follow up on him a little further regarding renting one of them - he works in federal gov't.
I have had 2 queries today from the rent to buy site so will keep following them up and one who rang on the weekend who spotted my sign.

So, a few to follow up on, and I will have a home open on sunday.

I am still slugging away on no.2 I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Will post some happy snaps in the next few days.

Celeste

Hi guys

I have been promising after photos for a while so here they are.

I'll start with some B4 photos to save searching the thread.

Kitchen / laundry

Attachments

• KIF_1215.JPG
    KIF_1215.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 100
  • KIF_1216.JPG
    KIF_1216.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 84
  • KIF_1217.JPG
    KIF_1217.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 72
one of the bedrooms and the back yard

Attachments

• KIF_1224.JPG
    KIF_1224.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 64
  • KIF_1231.JPG
    KIF_1231.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 66
  • KIF_1232.JPG
    KIF_1232.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 64
Now the after

kitchen / laundry

Attachments

• 100_0043.jpg
    100_0043.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_0044.jpg
    100_0044.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_0047.jpg
    100_0047.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 81
bathroom / bedroom / backyard

Attachments

• 100_0054.jpg
    100_0054.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0050.jpg
    100_0050.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0058.jpg
    100_0058.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 87
some more back yard and front yard

Attachments

• 100_0060.jpg
    100_0060.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_0059.jpg
    100_0059.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_0070.jpg
    100_0070.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 91
Celeste, you have worked so hard and it really does look great. The neutral colours should appeal to anyone too, so I wish you all the luck in finding a happy buyer.

Bronwyn.

Celeste

If cash flow ever gets tight.. you could easily.. hire out your project management and/or reno skills.. The outcome is really impressive..

Regards

Kelvin

Celeste

If cash flow ever gets tight.. you could easily.. hire out your project management and/or reno skills.. The outcome is really impressive..

Regards

Kelvin

Funny you said that.......

As the market is Blaaaaaaaaaaa...

I have just put in motion a new business plan, I will be offering my services to organise renovations, my target market is 1-2 bed apartments.

I have purchased some fancy 3d architectual software and I've have been networking around the trade. I am trying to figure out a trading name to get some cards made up etc etc.

In the mean time I have just helped out a friend with her reno. Check this - full 3 x 1 house new kitchen / bathroom / laundry / flooring and converted part of the main bedroom to an ensuite in 1 month.....

I am currently renovating an apartment in Vic Park as the Tenant moved out and it's time to move it on, should be finished and on the market end of july.
I have a bit of a hold up due to holidays - off to Broome for a week tomorrow and then KL early July. I am also waiting on new aliminium sliding door for the patio.
And the new stamp duty to take affect.

Any ideas for a business name, I am after something short a sharp. Like WEB Firm - easy to remember / spell and tells you exactly what they do.

See you guys in a week, I will start the apartment reno thread.

Celeste

Hi Celeste, your renos are absolutely awesome. Glad you are thinking about going into business doing this. As a jack of all trades I am sure you will go great guns.

Back