2nd hand book market?

I'm after a second hand copy of Rob Balanda's JOINT VENTURES MADE SIMPLE book and CD, if anyone has a copy that they're willing to sell :D
Feel free to let me know or PM me with details.

Come to think of it, I know that some of us, over the years, have successfully exchanged reading material or sold to one another at various times, but perhaps we could consider setting up a classifieds section for previously loved books? Thoughts?

Hiya Jacque

Great idea! Thank you for thinking of it and hopefully the moderators will approve, too.

Dale

Come to think of it, I know that some of us, over the years, have successfully exchanged reading material or sold to one another at various times, but perhaps we could consider setting up a classifieds section for previously loved books? Thoughts?

I agree. Great idea.

To cut postage costs they could be exchanged at meetings like the SIG or BIG etc, so long as the two parties involved are going of course.

I agree. Great idea.

To cut postage costs they could be exchanged at meetings like the SIG or BIG etc, so long as the two parties involved are going of course.

Even better why don't we have a book stand at the SIG meetings. We could make some $$ towards a Big Xmas party or some such event. I have a stack of "READITS" in my book shelf that I would be happy to place in the hands of knowledge hungry folk, for a "small fee":D
Simon

Thats a good idea all of you.
Lets have a table at the back at the next meeting , we can exchange or sell for a small fee.
Who would like to help me, and maybe become "treasurer" ? I have started asking for dollar coin donations to all of the future SIG meetings already.

Thats a good idea all of you.
Lets have a table at the back at the next meeting , we can exchange or sell for a small fee.
Who would like to help me, and maybe become "treasurer" ? I have started asking for dollar coin donations to all of the future SIG meetings already.

I won't be able to make the next SIG meeting but would be happy to help out with the book stand in the future.:)
Simon

So I'm taking it no one has a copy of the Balanda publication they want to onsell then? :)

Why don't we just bring along books to each IG (no matter which state!), and see if anyone's interested in purchasing? Each individual can be responsible for tagging and pricing- might be fun to match the owner to the nametag!!

I'd just like to put my hand up here and say that while the selling books at investor group meetings thing is fine - this alienates a lot of people whom would potentially like to participate in this but are unable to because they don't/are unable to attend meetings.

I reckon a more viable option is to have a section on the site where people can post their books/dvd's/cd's for sale and people can make on offer. This way everyone can participate and everyone gets a chance to pick up something they might be interested in.

Mark

P.S. No I don't have a copy of Balanda to sell you Jacque

I'd just like to put my hand up here and say that while the selling books at investor group meetings thing is fine - this alienates a lot of people whom would potentially like to participate in this but are unable to because they don't/are unable to attend meetings.

I reckon a more viable option is to have a section on the site where people can post their books/dvd's/cd's for sale and people can make on offer. This way everyone can participate and everyone gets a chance to pick up something they might be interested in.

Mark

P.S. No I don't have a copy of Balanda to sell you Jacque

Great idea and I agree that this could work as well. Only downside is the hassle of postage, but depending on price, it could well work as a very viable option.

Mark

I agree, this is a great idea for those of us who don't live in capital cities!

Mark

Why not have both? Mark, you could run the site and David & Simon could run the stall at the SIG meetings.
That way everyone is happy!!!

Cheers
Julie

2nd hand books

Hi All,
Being a voracious buyer and reader of books relating to real estate I have several duplicate copies of some titles. If anyone is interested they can PM me for a list of what's available. Postage will be at buyers cost.
Heres a couple of examples
Riches from Real Estate F Johnson & B Whiting Pub 1980 Hardcover
Building Wealth through Investment Property Jan Somers 1992 Paperback

Regards
Hound Dog :) :)

Cheap Books including Steve McKnight

I posted this elsewhere but may I suggest go to Basement Books

http://www.basementbooks.com.au/BasementBooks/index.cfm

Located in Sydney at Central Station under the tunnel under the Hotel. Essentially under Railway Quare bus depot.

Very, very very cheap. They are a genuine clearing house for overstocked items.

Like Robert Q "Cashflow Quandrant" for $5. I have also seen Peter Spann, Steve MC Knight Stuff, Margaret Lomas, etc..

FYI, Peter 14.7

I wouldn't be much help in regards to this topic as after I have finished reading an investment book, such as Jan's more wealth, I give it to someone who has been showing a bit of interest in investing. Kind of like giving a bit back.
JIM

ebay

I keep buying books on ebay. Currently looking for "think and grow rich - napolean hill" and "the one minute millionaire", postage can always be a problem on ebay.

happy to participate but postage is included.

cheers
quoll

I've got a ton of Investment Books. I have decided that I only really need to keep the best & get rid of those that I have finished with. I haven't had time to go through them yet. I have already started getting rid of a lot of books on Ebay (not my investment ones).

Back