3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

Would be extremely upset with that response.

Has it actually been a bank decision or just the NAB Lender cbf?

Dont mind when its the latter... they usual walk next door and see me :)

Would be extremely upset with that response.

Has it actually been a bank decision or just the NAB Lender cbf?

Dont mind when its the latter... they usual walk next door and see me :)

It's from the banker so I took it as it was the bank 's decision ?
Sorry what does cbf mean ?

It's from the banker so I took it as it was the bank 's decision ?
Sorry what does cbf mean ?

As in did he say straight out that you can't change to interest only, or did he complete a form send it off only to be told that the bank wont allow the change.

CBF = can't be *******

Most likely the bank manager CBF - since he gets paid the same whether he bothers to give you IO or not.

Can't see why the bank manager would care, can't see why they would need to get involved.

Either NAB banker is being a lazy or NAB wont let you.

If your wanting to stay at NAB I would suggest calling their home loan department directly and finding out if it actually can be done.

Either way I would nearly suggest switching in todays market.

As in did he say straight out that you can't change to interest only, or did he complete a form send it off only to be told that the bank wont allow the change.

CBF = can't be *******

He said he would check for me and let me know and a few days later he said no, had checked, can'tdo.
Now thinking about it he probably cbf !
I thought bankers would care because wouldn't they get commission/royalty on the loans they are looking after ? Or is it only the original banker who set up the loans initially gets all the benefits ?

I thought bankers would care because wouldn't they get commission/royalty on the loans they are looking after ? Or is it only the original banker who set up the loans initially gets all the benefits ?

Bank workers get 'targets'. Customer retention is not a target.

Aaron are you sure ? I thought each of them had a "portfolio" of clients and had some % fin reward on the size of the portfolio (loans not clients :) ).

He said he would check for me and let me know and a few days later he said no, had checked, can'tdo.
Now thinking about it he probably cbf !

holding onto stuff is normally a different area, and rewriting existing loans is considered "low fruit", thats my understanding of many lenders KPIs and in some ways it makes sense.

Problem is that the lenders need to separate the "hunting"and the "farming"

Brokers dont like it either where they have to re write existing business, since there is rarely any upfront, just the ongoing trail and ongoing client commitment which may work out.

I bet NAB come good in the next week :)

ta
rolf

Bankers "sales" targets drive me nuts. I bank with CBA and everytime I talk to a teller, or someone on the phone they try to up sell me an overdraft or a credit card increase. Get's a bit much when it happens every single time I have to talk to the bank.

Now if they up sold me a home loan top up without hitting credit file, checking servicability or wanting to do vals, then I'd be keen :)

Jason

Depends on the bank. But new business is by far always the biggest driver of bonuses.
But the funny thing is if your dealing with two banks and one is stuffing you around and you purchase a new property you would most likely give the new business to the better one.
Bankers "sales" targets drive me nuts. I bank with CBA and everytime I talk to a teller, or someone on the phone they try to up sell me an overdraft or a credit card increase. Get's a bit much when it happens every single time I have to talk to the bank.

Now if they up sold me a home loan top up without hitting credit file, checking servicability or wanting to do vals, then I'd be keen :)

Jason[/QUOTE)
I got hammered yesterday by a bank manager from CBA while doing my kids banking. I clearly wasn't interested in the home loan and interest rate info. I even told her I wasn't interested and she shoved her card in my hand and told me to take it anyway.

Back