3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

I have asked CBA if they will match ME Bank 4.99% for 3 years. They got back to me yesterday asking which loans I wanted to fix. I was expecting them to get back to me with a "NO". They advised they will confirm whether they will match ME Bank by close of business on Friday.

I have asked CBA if they will match ME Bank 4.99% for 3 years. They got back to me yesterday asking which loans I wanted to fix. I was expecting them to get back to me with a "NO". They advised they will confirm whether they will match ME Bank by close of business on Friday.

keep us updated

i have not heard any banks matching ME Bank at the moment. The majors in most cases will compete against each rather than non branch network lenders.

i stand corrected! AMP is dropping their 3 year fixed to 5.19 which under affinity package is 5.04% (comp. rate 5.54) or their 2 year fixed is 4.84 (comp.rate 5.56) under affinity!

5 years....not so sure about that.

Well, at least 3 years, since I feel that there will be no more rate cut I guess, because with the current condition, it reflects back to 3 years low.

any interest rate movement will be just up rather than going down.
the last interest cut wasn't followed by the big 4 banks anyway making RBA decision for the rate cut useless.

5 years means that you are locking in your loan with the one lender for that long period of time. Not recommended if you need flexibility.

looking at re doing all my loans and buying a new PPOR while selling the old one. What is the current best variable and 3yr fixed that people have gotten. my broker has just started doing the looking but i want to make sure i am getting the best deal.

looking at re doing all my loans and buying a new PPOR while selling the old one. What is the current best variable and 3yr fixed that people have gotten. my broker has just started doing the looking but i want to make sure i am getting the best deal.

this would depend on LVR and total loan amount. Fixed rate for 3 years is ME bank and 2 years is AMP if you qualify for affinity package.

total borrowing will be around $900k with all propertys at 80%lvr

With a major lender you should be able to get a variable rate between 5.40 and 5.45% (comparison rate dependent on which lender product) maybe a little better and the fixed 4.99 for 2 years, if you wanted to fix for 3 years than me bank at 4.99 (comp. rate 5.66%) is probably the best option. If you are after the absolute cheapest than have a look at the online lenders but.

4.99% fixed for 2 years with Big 3
Variable you can negotiate based on your LVR, you can ask for pricing to be applied.

Online lenders like UBank offers good rates but they dont provide all the features like offset, etc

Pick and choose, approach your broker or bank

Has anyone had any luck trying to lean on the big 4 for 4.99% for 3 years?

I'm holding off till I hear of a few wins so that they can hear the confidence in my voice.

Please let me know if you have some success. I'm with CBA.

Ok, It seems that Bankwest doesn't give me flexibility with the fixed rate loan and lots of penalty if I do wrong :-/

1. no 100% offset
2. cannot pay more than what the direct debit ask me to pay.

so my conclusion is that I will leave the account as is (variable).

so what make you guys think that Fixed Interest Only loan is a lucrative offer given the rates is at the historical low since 2009 ?

Has anyone had any luck trying to lean on the big 4 for 4.99% for 3 years?

I'm holding off till I hear of a few wins so that they can hear the confidence in my voice.

Please let me know if you have some success. I'm with CBA.

No, and remember last time Westpac hit this low? None of the other lenders matched it.

Back