3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

The fixed rates (under professional package) for CBA at the moment is:

1 Year Fixed 5.34% p.a. Comparison Rate 6.39% p.a.
2 Year Fixed 5.29% p.a. Comparison Rate 6.30% p.a.
3 Year Fixed 5.39% p.a. Comparison Rate 6.26% p.a.

I think that this applies only to full doc loans. Does anyone know the fixed rates for loc doc loans? I'm pretty sure that they are different.

standard for comm

and for some others

many lenders will flick to fixed for free or under their Pro pack, CBA aint one of those

ta
rolf

Incorrect, there is no fee for changing from variable to fixed for any CBA products. Staff memeber was wrong, probably hasnt done one in a while??? Or just not that upto date with lending products or just a dud!

Incorrect, there is no fee for changing from variable to fixed for any CBA products. Staff memeber was wrong, probably hasnt done one in a while??? Or just not that upto date with lending products or just a dud!

CBA person is lending officer in local branch doing lots of these loans at the moment. She has confirmed the fee is charged.

CBA doesn't charge me for loan switching (var to fix)

Probably, each customer is treated differently?

I saw in their booklet too: $0 for loan switching.

CBA person is lending officer in local branch doing lots of these loans at the moment. She has confirmed the fee is charged.

call the call centre and get it confirmed. Lending officers are there because they look confident and busy, otherwise noo one would trust them. thats what banking is all about. It wouldnt be the first time a lending officer gets it wrong. It may also be something quite diferent they are quoting you on, perhaps they didnt realise you are on the wealth package etc...

Indeed, I was wrong and living in the past as well.

I think the below explains it

ta
rolf

Hello Rolf,

Good afternoon.

In response to your query, there is no longer a switch/split free from 19/03/11.

Regards.

Last edited:
call the call centre and get it confirmed. Lending officers are there because they look confident and busy, otherwise noo one would trust them. thats what banking is all about. It wouldnt be the first time a lending officer gets it wrong. It may also be something quite diferent they are quoting you on, perhaps they didnt realise you are on the wealth package etc...

Maybe I am paying for there social club drinks!:):):)

She is wrong.

No fee is charged.

You/her/both maybe confused with a security substitution were the fee is $300.

My PPOR is with ANZ. If I want an offset account, they only allow a maximum of 1 year fixed. I don't have any problems with costs and negotiation as I am on their professional package.

Hi Nth Brisbanite

I too am with ANZ pro pack. I have fixed my loan for 3 years with a variable split. Offset is attached to the variable part.

Regards

Just fixed 2 loans with St George for 3yrs (total 555k) @ 5.39% on a long term hold duplex pair. They also changed us from lo doc products to full doc status since we have been spotless repayers for 3yr+.

Pretty pleased to have this rate in place considering what we have been paying on lo doc variable. One loan was 6.99 and the other 6.19.

Just fixed 2 loans with St George for 3yrs (total 555k) @ 5.39% on a long term hold duplex pair. They also changed us from lo doc products to full doc status since we have been spotless repayers for 3yr+.

Pretty pleased to have this rate in place considering what we have been paying on lo doc variable. One loan was 6.99 and the other 6.19.

xcellent ! Thats great risk management

ta
rolf

Hi Nth Brisbanite

I too am with ANZ pro pack. I have fixed my loan for 3 years with a variable split. Offset is attached to the variable part.

Regards

You've given me some food for thought, Regrow. How is your loan split? That is, what % of your loan is variable and what % is fixed? Has the ANZ got any rules on this?

Last edited:
You could also fix your loans with one bank whilst staying variable with other banks. This is what I've done across our portfolio.

You've given me some food for thought, Regrow. How is your loan split? That is, what % of your loan is variable and what % is fixed? Has the ANZ got any rules on this?

I just split it 50/50 because the offset amount was about 40k less than half of the loan allowing room for future savings to wipe out interest on half the loan.

You could also fix your loans with one bank whilst staying variable with other banks. This is what I've done across our portfolio.

Yeh Rixter that's a good idea too. I have kept one completely variable and plan to fix the next one in the next few months.

Regards

Hi

I have just purchased a property with family valued $1.7M and was actually in discussion with a bank and the best fixed rate they have offered me is 5.25% for 3 years. Also approx 25% of the loan will be variable, is 5.6% a good variable rate now??

Thanks
Jason

Back