3 Unit Development - Epping (Vic)

Well the bricks have been acid washed so they look nice and clean now. The stormwater is taking much longer than usual due to the boulders! I haven't seen so much come out of the ground before. It would usually take a day but Wednesday will be Day 3. Should be all finished though.

The tilers are in tiling the laundry and bathrooms. I'll put some pics of the bathrooms when finished later in the week before the painter gets in there.

Also the kitchens are in - less the stone. This is installed after the painter is finished. :)

Cheers
Oscar

Good to see you do your kitchen cupboards to the ceiling/bulkhead. It's a must have in my developments - it looks so clean and neat.

Nearly there

The worst of the rain seems to be over. It has pushed the outside work out by 2 weeks. The boulders were to blame for this too. The Stormwater and water taps are now finally in. What normally is a days work for my plumbers took 4 and a few grand extra!

Downpipes are installed and external lock up is completed (eaves). The painter is nearly finished - only has a couple more days to go. The photo doesn't do it justice but so far the paint job is fantastic.

Tiling is completed in the laundry and bathroom. Just waiting on the shower base to be tiled this weekend. On Saturday the shower screens and windows get installed and so do the stone bench tops. Nice :cool:

The final rush will start next week. Fitoffs, carpet, kitchen splash back etc. I'll load more pics once everything comes together.

Anyone want to lend a hand with the landscaping?? :D

Oscar

Attachments

• timber door.jpg
    timber door.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 491
  • downpipe.jpg
    downpipe.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 483
  • tiling.jpg
    tiling.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 477
  • paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 473
Looking good, do you list them before finishing or list after finishing everything?

Depends on the build. Either off the plan or after lock up. If it's a quick build I will wait until close to completion (like this development).

Oscar

Other than the landscaping there's about 2 weeks to go before all is complete. Shower bases are in (minus the grout), the blinds have been installed and the kitchen splash back (tiles) have been laid. The sparky has done the fitoff as well as the plumber (toilets, sinks, laundry trough etc).

My concrete guy started yesterday and we had the crossover inspection by council today. So tomorrow we start pouring the crossover and the footpaths, car spaces and backyard entertainment areas will get poured Monday/Tuesday. I always look forward to the driveway/carspaces getting poured as the site basically gets a makeover - all nice and neat.

Subdivision wise all the relevant authorities (water, electricity etc) have given certification. Now i'm working towards obtaining compliance from each authority so that i can apply for 3 separate titles. The meters for gas and electricity will be installed next week too.

Any questions please ask away. :)

Cheers
Oscar

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 355
  • driveway 2.jpg
    driveway 2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 357
  • kitchen with splashback.jpg
    kitchen with splashback.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 382
  • fence posts.jpg
    fence posts.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 358
Have you had much trouble with trades, ie shonky work, not turning up, etc. Can't believe how quickly they've progressed.

Have you had much trouble with trades, ie shonky work, not turning up, etc. Can't believe how quickly they've progressed.

When you're dealing with so many people delays are inevitable. Nothing major though. I have been dealing with most of my trades and suppliers over and over again so that helps with the occasional favour when required :).

Crossovers and car spaces have been poured now. It cleans up the site tremendously! I had a massive clean inside the units so that the floorboards and carpet could be laid (lots of mud from all the wet weather). The carpets are in and the bamboo flooring goes in tomorrow. The brick piers have been rendered too - just waiting for a sunny day for the colour to be applied. The external fencing is nearly finished. I'll most likely stain the sections that look out to the street for better street appeal. Gas and electricity meters have also been installed.

Bathrooms are complete with toilets, vanities and showers in. Just need the towel rails, toilet holders etc put in along with the internal caulking.

What's left? Flooring from tomorrow, then paint touch ups and cleaning. Externally, the fencing, landscaping (tomorrow) and staining of the fence. Will then do the final clean.

Subdivision wise I have received compliance from all relevant authorities (water, power etc) and now waiting for Statement of Compliance from the council. Once this is received I will have titles 2-3 weeks later.

So this time next week this development should be knocked off which will allow me to turn my attention on other developments. Should start selling these soon :p

Oscar

Attachments

• concrete prep.jpg
    concrete prep.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 375
  • exterior after driveway.jpg
    exterior after driveway.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 389
  • carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 366
  • kitchen and clean.jpg
    kitchen and clean.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 384
  • bathroom.jpg
    bathroom.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 375
Going well!!

In Perth we tend to use colorbond fence between houses - is the wooden fence cheaper or just what is expected?

It's just what is expected so I play it safe.

I forgot to mention the variation from the plumber came in for all those boulders during the stormwater phase. I reckon he looked after me - it could have been a lot worse. $2900.

Oscar

Coming along nicely

Floorboards will be completed today. I have attached a photo from yesterday. They are bamboo floors.
Also, the landscaping has moved along. All coming together now. I'm now looking forward to having it cleaned over the weekend. :)

Oscar

Attachments

• landscaping 1.jpg
    landscaping 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 390
  • landscaping 2.jpg
    landscaping 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 383
  • floorboards.jpg
    floorboards.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 415
All finished!!

Well, the units are now completed. The last coat (colour) of the render gets applied today. Time to sell now. I'll put some pics up tomorrow.

Subdivision wise, I received the Statement of Compliance from council on Monday and my surveyor has lodged all paperwork to the Land Registry Office. I'm waiting on mortgage consent to complete the process. So individual titles will be made available within a month.

Cheers
Oscar

Floorboards will be completed today. I have attached a photo from yesterday. They are bamboo floors.
Also, the landscaping has moved along. All coming together now. I'm now looking forward to having it cleaned over the weekend. :)

Oscar

I like, OK bamboo floors that's what I am after, is that the coffee toning that I Huss mentioned in another post??

The kitchen is simple but very nice, should appeal to buyers.

Well done, good work

Congrats Oscar and Huss. Job well done.

Glad to see it all went smoothly Oscar! Well done.

Cheers guys.

I like, OK bamboo floors that's what I am after, is that the coffee toning that I Huss mentioned in another post??

The kitchen is simple but very nice, should appeal to buyers.

Well done, good work

Thanks. The flooring is the same one. I love the colour and it's sturdy too.

Oscar

Back