300K to spend in Brisbane

Hi all

We will soon be looking to buy a unit in Brisbane to a max of 300k. We will be looking for a 2 bedder in a small complex. Due to us moving to WA I've not followed the Brisbane market for a while so am now doing the research. Given our small entry price what suburbs should we be looking at? We prefer north Brisbane compared to South but not sure our limit will stretch that far in the north. I've seen a few in Nundah but wary of this area due to the oversupply of units.

Why limit yourself to a 2 bedroom unit with body corporate fees, ems?
With 300k, you can buy a double storey house with a big component of land say 750-800 m2 with 4 or 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the south 19-20km from the city.

Your cutie cats would love to have the freedom of a big backyard too ;)

On the other side of Brisbane it's still pretty easy to find units for under $300k around Stafford and Kedron, both within pretty easy reach of the city centre.

Are you referring to Logan, BG?

Hey, Deets! :) Yeah, I was referring to Logan 4114, Marsden, Crestmead, and Slacks Creek. Word is that Chinese buyers are buying up Rochedale South, a more expensive Logan suburb, because they can't afford Sunnybank or Sunnybank Hills. Aussie buyers are buying into Rochedale South too. But you can't get a house in Rochedale South for 300k, has to be in the more affordable Logan suburbs mentioned above. And if you are lucky, you might be able to land a house and land with townhouse zoning when the Draft Logan Plan gets ratified later this year. Capital gain and yield.

It's pretty hard to find sub 250k now. They're either under contract or the few that aren't, need some repairs or are in pretty bad shape. Or it's an out-of-town investor listing with a non-local agent. Happens once in a blue moon. The majority are between 250-300k with more and more listing above 300k, from what I have observed.

Like this Woodridge property is under contract for 350k

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-woodridge-117154959

But don't let that deter you, you still can find heaps between 250-300k

Good news for people with an IP/PPOR in Logan. Saw a news article earlier this month where the mayor and local members are now putting in a lot of effort to "de-bogan" Logan. :D
Cheers, nat

Is it just me or are alot of the properties in Ipswich 40+ years old (maybe 50?)

Driving through the town i didnt see any new townhouses just older homes

Is it just me or are alot of the properties in Ipswich 40+ years old (maybe 50?)

Driving through the town i didnt see any new townhouses just older homes

Yep, most of the original suburbs of Ipswich are filled with older stock. There are some newer estates around Raceview and Flinders View and generally close to the Cunningham Highway though.

Then there's the whole Ripley Valley area to the south which is now one massive construction site.

Back