4 bedroom fibro house for removal

Its that time...

My tenants are moving out today
so the house will be empty from tomorrow.
I hope they cleaned it up....

Anyway if anyone wants to see inside you can call my mobile
0401 109 562 I have a few weeks to disconnect services
and get all the paperwork in order and then its going...

cheers

How did you go??

A friend of mine was going to have her brothers older style house removed from his block and transfered to a block of land 2 hours away and found that it would almost be cheaper to have a brand new kit home built on her property, total cost approximately $50K - $70k (four estimates)The costs were as follows:

cut house in half
demolish roof and brick fire place
stump new site
put house back together
re plaster hole where fire place once was
re roof
re wire
re plumb..................

now her brother has to pay approx $15K in demolition costs to get rid of his unwanted home. ( seems extravagant - personally I would be demolishing it myself recycling or selling windows doors etc and use a bin to have it taken away)

BTW - I would never PAY for a relocatable home as you can go and choose the perfect home for free from many of the relocators. But hey some people may not know that and would think it good value to pay $5000 for one! I am sure that with a little research you will find a free relocatable home a lot closer than NSW! Good luck with it anyway

relocation costs will vary depending on the type of house,
where its located and on what shape it is.
This particular shape of house is easy to split and therefore
cheap to move.
Unfortunately it was demolished because although there was
a lot of interest none could take it on time.
Demolition costed $6K
There was no asbestos in the fibro.
cheers

Funny I only just noticed this post - because that is EXACTLY the same style of house we used to live in at Holsworthy until we moved here 6 years ago. :D ....memories....

Back