4WD Issue

Ok, I have a 1997 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8LTD.

Yesterday after having a bit of fun in 2WH in the mud and a little 4WL pulling a mate out of a bog I then went back to 2WH and had a few issues with power, as soon as went to accelerate my car would rev very freely and not pick up speed as it should, this lasted approx 5 minutes then started working fine again?

Any Ideas what could be the problem, I was thinking maybe clutch issue or transfer case??

Ok, I have a 1997 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8LTD.

Yesterday after having a bit of fun in 2WH in the mud and a little 4WL pulling a mate out of a bog I then went back to 2WH and had a few issues with power, as soon as went to accelerate my car would rev very freely and not pick up speed as it should, this lasted approx 5 minutes then started working fine again?

Any Ideas what could be the problem, I was thinking maybe clutch issue or transfer case??

Could have been a hot clutch after the workout.
How many K's on the clocK???
Might just need an adjustment.

Not sure about Rodeo specifically, but sometimes comming out of lock on 4WL can be difficult if you are already on solid ground. Best to do it while ground is still lose.

+ 1 for the clutch.

Many people don't know how to drive a manual in boggy conditions. Had one fellow with a new Rodeo who burnt his clutch out in 27,000kms who'd apparently only driven on the beach once or twice :rolleyes:

Back