5th bank rumoured

think they r already there?
http://www.ybr.com.au/homeloans/empowerrangeofhomeloans/index.cfm
Empower Home loan

Our Yellow Brick Road Empower Home Loan is suitable for those looking for a loan facility without the associated fees, but with many of the features you may not expect from a basic loan facility. It offers a true value solution to home owners and property investors alike. More about the Empower Home loan »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
1st Year 80% (or lower) LVR 5.50%pa
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa 5.77%pa
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa 5.81%pa
Fixed Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate5
1 Year 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.76%pa
2 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.72%pa
3 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.69%pa
4 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.76%pa
5 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.75%pa

Empower Package

Designed for home buyers and investors who want the added flexibility and benefits provided by a 100% Offset account. With competitive variable and fixed rate options, along with a low annual account fee, the Yellow Brick Road Empower Package offers great flexibility and value. More about the Empower Package »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa 5.95%pa
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa 6.00%pa
Fixed Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate5
1 Year 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.94%pa
2 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.91%pa
3 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.87%pa
4 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.95%pa
5 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.94%pa

Empower Line of Credit

The Yellow Brick Road Empower Line of Credit is designed to provide a very high level of flexibility and access to equity in your property. It is suitable for borrowers looking for the flexibility to manage their home loan and investments through a single solution. More about the Empower Line of Credit »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa n/a
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa n/a

Base Rate

The Base Rate determines the rate that applies to Variable Rate Loans. Discounts are applied to the Base Rate to define the actual rate that is payable.
Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
All Products 6.65%pa 6.66%pa

AUSTRALIA could soon have a powerful new player in the world of retail banking, with Macquarie Group believed to be in talks with Mark Bouris' listed Yellow Brick Road Group over a distribution deal that could be unveiled as early as this week.
Bring it on! For the IP investors the more competition the better, right? Yes, I heard about it today too.
Also, I was at a seminar and someone mentioned a new company will be coming out called POPI.
See the link if interested:
http://www.popiaustralia.com.au/
A POPI or Property Options for Pensioners and Investors is a modern investment and cash flow solution aligning the needs of Pensioners and Investors.
Pensioners obtain improved cash flow while remaining in their own home. Investors gain capital growth exposure without significant up-front costs.
I think this investment is for over 70's who are more than likely struggling with their asset (home) lasting long enough in retirement. Gee, all these products coming out, right?

Can anybody give me advice on how to open my own bank?
Is it possible and would I need a lot of money?

Just get on TV and ask everyone to send you all their savings, look after them well and you'll be okay.

Can anybody give me advice on how to open my own bank?
Is it possible and would I need a lot of money?

Yes it's possible, someone started our existing banks, right? And no, no capital is required, if you can raise the funds, right? You know like developers can build huge developments with OPM (even other than banks - e.g. vendor finance).
I think the solution is: find a product or a need for a product and then supply it to its customer. Then manage the people and processes and presto, you have become an entrepreneur!
Simple concept to understand but it doesn't mean it's easy, right?

think they r already there?
http://www.ybr.com.au/homeloans/empowerrangeofhomeloans/index.cfm
Empower Home loan

Our Yellow Brick Road Empower Home Loan is suitable for those looking for a loan facility without the associated fees, but with many of the features you may not expect from a basic loan facility. It offers a true value solution to home owners and property investors alike. More about the Empower Home loan »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa 5.77%pa
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa 5.81%pa
Fixed Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate5
1 Year 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.76%pa
2 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.72%pa
3 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.69%pa
4 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.76%pa
5 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.75%pa

Empower Package

Designed for home buyers and investors who want the added flexibility and benefits provided by a 100% Offset account. With competitive variable and fixed rate options, along with a low annual account fee, the Yellow Brick Road Empower Package offers great flexibility and value. More about the Empower Package »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa 5.95%pa
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa 6.00%pa
Fixed Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate5
1 Year 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.94%pa
2 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.91%pa
3 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.39%pa 5.87%pa
4 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.95%pa
5 Years 80% (or lower) LVR 5.69%pa 5.94%pa

Empower Line of Credit

The Yellow Brick Road Empower Line of Credit is designed to provide a very high level of flexibility and access to equity in your property. It is suitable for borrowers looking for the flexibility to manage their home loan and investments through a single solution. More about the Empower Line of Credit »
Variable Rates Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
Over 80% LVR 5.50%pa
Ongoing 80% (or lower) LVR 5.79%pa n/a
Over 80% LVR 5.84%pa n/a

Base Rate

The Base Rate determines the rate that applies to Variable Rate Loans. Discounts are applied to the Base Rate to define the actual rate that is payable.
Borrower
Rate Comparison
Rate
All Products 6.65%pa 6.66%pa

I expect you will find thats a badge engineered product, and isnt YBR funded.

YBR effectively in this regard is probably a mortgage manager just like AFM or Firstfolio or Home Loans Limited

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

I watched the segment on TV where the couple were paying 8.4% interest for their loan. Enter YBR, saving the day.

Seriously, if you are paying 8.4% for your home loan in the current market then you must book yourself for a CT scan immediately.

I dont know there is something about Mark Bouris that i don't like..He comes across as a used car sales man or a dodgy REA> My opinion only.

@ Rolf - I wasn't referring to what happened in 08', I was referring to their current policy. Its very wishy washy.

I know

I still have a long memory ...........first in first out

And now shacking up with Wiz man who bailed to GE...........

I know in both cases there was little that could be done but.

hope it ends well

Just my view

ta
rolf

so for people stuck in one of macquairies shockers at near on 8% will anything change? I'm getting dizzy from macbank... they were a bank, then I go to settle an OTP apartment that they gave finance approval for and apparently they aren't a bank anymore. a couple of years later... yep, a bank again. next year???

Frustratingly, they 'forgot' to mention that the discount only applies for under 80% LVR's. The other major thing, if not the most important, is that these stories forget to comment on policies of the bank. An investor usually has short/medium/long term goals and the policies of that bank must cater for these goals, whether it be owner builder, or whatever. Its not always about the mighty interest rate.

so for people stuck in one of macquairies shockers at near on 8% will anything change? I'm getting dizzy from macbank... they were a bank, then I go to settle an OTP apartment that they gave finance approval for and apparently they aren't a bank anymore. a couple of years later... yep, a bank again. next year???

just completed a fight over 3 years to drag someone out.

As the pool of mortgages gets smaller and smaller, the roll over bonds will get more exxy, since those that could go, have .........

ta
rolf

Back