$700K - PPOR in Cherrybrook

Travel to the City from Kellyville is at least an hour in peak times.
It is a great family area, only streets I'd avoid are the busy ones, main being Windsor Rd, then President, Wrights, Acres. I'd go for an older home in the village near the schools, and renovate/extend while living there. There are mostly good sized blocks and lots of potential.
Also consider Glenwood and Stanhope Gardens, next suburbs over, newer homes for same price, also great family suburbs with easy access to all the facilities in the Hills.

Days ticking by but still haven't found anything yet. Yesterday we went for an open house for a duplex in Cherrybrook (Darlington dr) which we liked and as I was asking questions to the agent, she replied: "Sorry this property is already under offer". I was really angry and asked her the point of having an open house if its already under offer. Apparently she just wanted more interested buyers if the current offer were to fall through !!

Don't get upset about this as it's fairly standard practice by a no. of agents who are just doing their job actually. Until the contract goes unconditional the agent should still ideally be marketing the property to other potential buyers. Nothing like a ready backup buyer to help achieve a better outcome for the seller!

Anyway, we also looked up northern suburbs like Asquith, Normanhurst, Hornsby and as usual the good houses in that range are snapped even before an open house.

Yep- nothing new here. Higher demand than supply right now in these areas especially for houses under $750-800K

Apparently, around the castle hill, kellyville area: Land and (Land + Home) packages are snapped up every day. Apparently there is so much demand for land in these areas that Lots that you en-quire today are gone tomorrow. I think it might be due to all investors buying early + all the FHBs buying due to 15000 grant.

So most likely since we've run out of time, we'll be renting for the next 6 months.

Finally, may I ask Jacque and others in the know of the good streets in
Kellyville? Since we are priced out of most suburbs, some houses in Kellyville seems ot be in reach.

Thank you all..SK

You must be quite fussy on criteria :) as there are homes closer in (eg: Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills etc) for the $600K's but if you must move to K'Ville I prefer the older village side too- closer in, but still on large blocks. Check out nice quiet well located pockets like the area in between York, President and Windsor Rd for value for money.

Back