9 Day Reno

Before and after.
Picked this one up off the crimes confiscation police X Meth lab :D
Not one door in the house still on the hinges.
About 130 wall anchors removed not sure what they were used for ?
Cockroach invested.
1 bedroom used as a cage for dogs :eek:
Beautiful graffiti in the carport ;)
Some sort of paint fight out on the back patio.
Oven held up with bricks.
Dishwasher used as a bin.
Bath some sort of grow bed ??

Purchased $416900 Perth WA
Reno $17,00
Rent achieved $570 week
Value after Reno: $500,000

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 237
  • bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 226
  • bed3.jpg
    bed3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 220
more before and after

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 154
  • hall.jpg
    hall.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 145
  • frontroom.jpg
    frontroom.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 152
After weeks on and off doing one tiny bathroom, I am so very very impressed!

Congrats on the fantastic job and result

I have heard all sorts of tales about houses being used as meth labs having to spend a fortune being tested and practically replastered because of toxic problems for the new tenants, did you have to do any of this or is it a case of what they dont know wont hurt them?

Did you have to re-sheet the plasterboard?

The walls were all brick plastered had some big holes that needed filling, the drying time became a pain :mad:

Purchased a 250mm wall/ceiling sander made the job of sanding some what fun.

How much did you pickup the skirting boards for and from where?

Also did you do the sunked roof in the living room?

The Skirting board is standard from bunnings about $3 a meter from memory.

The box ceiling was already installed.

Looks like the owners has done some deals with mates with the kitchen, laundry, skirting, and jarrah flooring all new.

I have heard all sorts of tales about houses being used as meth labs having to spend a fortune being tested and practically replastered because of toxic problems for the new tenants, did you have to do any of this or is it a case of what they dont know wont hurt them?

Looks like the cooking was carried out in the garage with the amount of stains on the floor.

Note to self never stand in-front of an aircon unit to test if its working, unless i want to cover myself in other peoples dead skin :(
The sparky had a surprise installing new aircon units with both units running for free before the meter box :)

Also found some goodies in the roof space whilst marking out the downlights, 12 brandnew rolls of pink bats paid brother with these for his labour :D

I dont know mate, thats your job/responsibility and something you shouldve lpoked into as part of your DD. Id be getting those tests done immediately, it is grossly negligent to be renting out an ex meth lab without doing any toxicity tests etc imo. Is the oven nee or the existing one? A lot of filthy meth heads cook up their chop in the ovens and your tenants would be cooking their food in there.

I dont know mate, thats your job/responsibility and something you shouldve lpoked into as part of your DD. Id be getting those tests done immediately, it is grossly negligent to be renting out an ex meth lab without doing any toxicity tests etc imo. Is the oven nee or the existing one? A lot of filthy meth heads cook up their chop in the ovens and your tenants would be cooking their food in there.

I agree. I read up something a while ago where a ex-meth lab was sold to unsuspecting owners and they had a lot of health issues and are suing the agent atm.

Please get the tests done. They are more important than the reno.

The Skirting board is standard from bunnings about $3 a meter from memory.

The box ceiling was already installed.

Looks like the owners has done some deals with mates with the kitchen, laundry, skirting, and jarrah flooring all new.

Time for me to check out bunnings. $3 per metre is workable.

The house would have to be safe for a government department to sell.

How could they let people walk around it for inspections if its toxic.

When the house is raided the police go in with all the apparatus, nobody's allowed near the house until it's given the all clear.

Maybe every laundry cupboard and garden shed in Australia needs an toxicity tests before we buy a house.

Every appliance in the house was replaced, every wall in the house was skimmed and painted. Probably more toxic chemicals coming off the paint.

Just Check with WA Health once a Lab is found a strict set of procedures are followed before the house is given the all clear for humans.
:D:D I can sleep at night

it is grossly negligent to sell an ex meth lab house without doing any toxicity tests etc

The house would have to be safe for a government department to sell.

Uh that's not my experience with our good old WA Department of Housing. Their sale contracts are 10% contract, 90% deed of release of liability.

Imagine the police sale was similar.

Here was a thread last year on the issue of drug labs, and the cost of testing.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79654&highlight=meth

I think if you read the sale contract you will find it says that any issues are your responsibility. All you need is one kid with weak lungs to get sick and you will be well and truly screwed. Also probably a high chance the neighbours will tell your tenants at the first opportunity about it, and they will ask straight away.

Back