A bit of help with Adobe please

hi All
I had a resume done 1 year ago. I have since moved and need to update a few details. How can l edit this resume? I have tried highlighting the test and the delete tab but nothing happens.
I dont want to go to the expense of having another resume done.
Any help greatly apreciated Thanks:)

cheers
yadreamin

adobe what...
flash, pdf, photoshop...?

im going to assume PDF
can you select the text and paste in a word,open office or notepad document
you can then change the wording and save/print it.

i have never really understood why so many people use pdf files

ctrl + v ....
if you dont have a word program you could use notepad... (right click the desktop and go new/ text document... that will give you the text into a very basic format but atleast you have the text to copy somewhere else or to re paste into an pdf... (i dont know how to create pdf just read them)

I love acrobat, it makes it just that little bit harder to alter, use settings that do not allow copy and paste, only print of what is there.

General publlic (salute, Damn 'how I met your mother') use acrobat reader, authors use acrobat
the resume service tried to restrict your access to the information you provided and paid for in the hope that you'd go back to them
Foxit and many other pdf readers will allow you to copy locked text to your word processor, to recreate your resume, if the pdf is uncopyable in acrobat reader

If you really want to edit PDF files seriously then you need to get hold of the actual Acrobat program (not just the Acrobat reader that comes installed free on most computers).

You can also edit them to some degree (depending on the content) in Photoshop and Illustrator.

You might be better off starting again in MS word, writing out your resume, save it and then you can edit it and export it to PDF anytime you like then.

You might need help from an expert...

tumblr_kuooxzYHaA1qas2v4o1_400.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions folks.
The file l wanted to copy/change was locked so l ended up just re doing the whole resume again.
I would have to buy a program to unlock it off the adobe site. Not worth it.
At least l have the "copy and paste" down to a fine art now:eek:
Cheers

Back