A Current Affair 6-30 Monday CH-9

Oooer ! I wonder if we're familiar with this lady ?

Could she be investing in regional areas ?

I'll be interested to see who it is .. I wonder what stories like this do to the property market ..

Nothing new though

Last edited:
Howdy there,

I saw the preview of it, looking forward to seeing it myself as she claims she has bought 3 IPs for her daughter (who barely looked 18)... so would be interested to know where she is buying (can't see her investing in large cities, especially her daughter without having a guarantor)...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Here's what I remember

• there is very little mention of where Andrea invests
  • tends to buy houses, and other properties with large land content, constant mention of houses
  • almost lost it all 5 years ago when "market crashed" (how did this happen?)
  • financial advisor NC Brunnings ??
  • 30 properties since 19 (now 45ish)
  • There is little mention of where she invests but she will basically research any areas, "suburbs she's never heard of"
  • Yes her daughter looks about 16-17 and owns 3 properties

More motivational than practical but I still enjoyed it ..

Hello

Well I had this marked down for the memomoy bank, but I must admit - it was a bit of a let down..........much the same as a cappuccino.........more froth than anything.

The lady's daughter was only 12. I doubt the house titles were in her name.

ACA could have devoted a bit more time to the story. They certainly sucked me into watching it. Basically it didn't elaborate on any strategy, give much in the way of advice, where the properties where located, owned outright, +ve or -ve geared.

Nope ...Nothing. "Just single mother has 30 houses."
I wanted the goss ! I was intrigued ! For the last few days channel 9 ran the ad for ACA..........and all it was....was a teaser!

Bummer ! I'll just stay with the forum..............

I feel let down
When will I learn, every time i see some story on Prop Invest advertised on the TV I get excited,
and every time the story lacks detail & any real info,
( note to self, stick to the books and that mob at somersoft )

Originally posted by steven

( note to self, stick to the books and that mob at somersoft )

Sorry guys dint mean to call you a Mob.

(note to self, stay away from computer
when making mental notes)

Yes, whilst this story was lacking the 'what, where, how' which we all want to know. :( I do however find these stories inspirational. They keep me focused, determined, confident and knowing that this can be done. :)
I'm only just starting my new property venture, I'm 33 and I'll be out of the workforce long before I'm 40.
I think this forum will be an inspiration to us all.

She seems to be a hard worker ( appears she does a lot
of the renovating herself with her dad,)

Still has her day job as well..

When she claims she has made a hundred thou this year i wondered was that cash in the bank or capital appreciation on
her investments, that wasnt clear though...

Good on her!!

Originally posted by giraffe
Here's what I remember
there is very little mention of where Andrea invests
She is Perth based according to the transcript & my memory.
tends to buy houses, and other properties with large land content, constant mention of houses

[*] almost lost it all 5 years ago when "market crashed" (how did this happen?)
14 years ago. When interest rates went to 18%. No wonder
financial advisor NC Brunnings ??
Nick Bruining was quoted

More motivational than practical but I still enjoyed it ..
Hey, you don't want everyome out there competing with us do you? :D

It was typical A Current Affair fluff and bubble. No substance at all.

I'm dissapointed in myself for expecting/hoping it would be any different.

Hi Aphro,

I would be interested to hear how you plan to go from starting out, to retirement, in 7 years. What is your strategy if you don't mind sharing it with us?
Thanks
Lily

There was a lot of fluff.

I would like to know what her full time job is if she manages all 30 properties including showing the properties to prospective tennants.

It suggested that her father repaires/renovates the properties.

Perhaps there will be a follow up story to answer everything left out.

Good on her for doing it.

Reporting was the standard you'd expect from ACA, after all their audience is primarily people who never get round to doing it, but like to know that they could be successful if they applied an ounce of effort.

1) She buys all her properties in one city (all eggs in one basket..she should have learnt better after she almost crashed)

2) Her words of advice are virtually verbatim from any one of many good property authors out there (pick whose books she reads!)

3) Why is she still working in a day job? She's got a large enough base to focus on property full-time.

4 The female interviewer looked really vapid - can't they afford smart looking interviewers?

Always nice to see a success, even when the TV station does it's dumb down approach.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Well I didn't see this particular story although I did read the transcript. After the last ACA story on "single mum with Million Dollar Property portfolio" where most of the piece featured Jenman I don't particularly rush to watch anymore. Four Corners did a very good peice on Marketeering not long ago though seems the scammers are leaving the sunny shores of QLD and are heading down melbourne way.

Nat:)

Andrea Humberstone is the one and the same Andrea who appeared on last year's TT (channel 7) with a very similar story. Only this time Neil Jenman wasn't allowed to hijack channel nine's story. Last year Andrea also had a different surname (Sutton) but her daughter was still mentioned. (though there were different spellings)
She did say last year (see link below for TT's story in 2002) that she focussed on positive cashflow property, though even I was surprised to learn she lost most of it 5 yrs ago, as this wasn't mentioned by TT.
Rob Forward (freestylers) was trying to get her for a talk- no such luck yet though, it seems...........
Interesting lady- I really would like to know the whole story. Current affairs can only highlight the exciting watchable bits in their given timeslots anyway.

http://todaytonight.com.au/stories/367391.html

Back