A little surprise from St George

I have now been talking to the retention team (several times). They will do 1% off, down to 6.86, will will not go any further. I have told them will be taking all of my loans, accounts, credit cards, and 4 insurance products unless they match the ANZ advertised rate (6.8%). They are not interested in going any further, saying they can match the discount, but not the actual rate.

Now considering what I will do, it is a hassle to move, but I feel like doing it now, as they deserve it!
Yeah it's frustrating. At least you managed to secure a decent discount though.

Cheers

Jamie

I'm with Westpac, and when the recent ANZ 1% discount offer (for any loans greater than $250K) was announced several weeks ago, I called the Westpac retentions line and got my discount increased from 1% to 1.1%, which I'm led to believe is pretty much the maximum they will give. I know of other people who tried the same and didn't get it.

Wow, 1.1% discount off standard SVR is excellent. We recently negotiated 1% off for borrowings just under $1mill. Mind if I ask, Shadow, how much your total exposure to Westpac is? They seemed to be a bit reluctant to offer us the 1% - the guy on the phone kept saying we had a large exposure to them (it's not even $1m!) but eventually they caved so we are pretty happy already as our discount used to be .75%.

Back