a moment of silence, Pink Floyd fans

For the passing of Richard Wright, Pink Floyd keyboard player and, with Roger Waters, Nick Mason, and Syd Barrett, one of the founding members of the band. Cancer got him. He was 65.

richard-wright-460_978801c.jpg

Yes it was but he was sick for a long time,i saw them in london in the late 70's or was it the 80's when they had several spitfirers ww2 fighter planes fly over during when they played, priceless....willair..

I caught the Roger Waters tour a few years ago but even though I grew up in England I never got to a gig back in the day, awesome timeless music!

Wonder if they'll play Great Gig In The Sky at his funeral...

GP

Maybe you'd prefer "The great pig in the sky" :D

Or "Pigs" from their Animals album :D:D

I got into Pink Floyd in my teens about 30 yrs ago thanks to my older brothers. Played a few covers of theirs during my time as a muso.

Was also thinking of the pig thing.
That's actually where the handle came from, years ago. I originally used GreatPigInTheSky, as a play on the song title and because I liked it's connotations about flying pigs, but later shortened it.

As for the Animals album, those pigs were three different ones...

GP

So you're two kinds of a "Rockstar" then.
Regards
Marty

Of course Marty!

Double stardom - though my wife may be the only one that may think of me as such. She is tone deaf so my singing is always fantastic. :D
Gave up the electric guitar many years ago and now only have my 24 yr old custom Maton Messiah - rings out like a dream. Are you a muso?

You mean the 3 that the big bad wolf was after - or something deeper GP? :D
Just a reference to the track title ;).

There are two tracks called Pigs On The Wing, then another called Pigs (Three Different Ones).

The song Sheep could perhaps be the most relevant right now:

Pink Floyd said:
What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream.
Most people only seem to be half-way through that verse yet though. :p

GP

Back