A nation of whingers

I also feel for my mother who worked full-time her whole life, poured surplus funds into super during her 50's and early 60's. Retired with enough money to live on and then lost a a massive amount of it. She was not investing in high-risk funds. Just balanced funds. She does not have the benefit of another 10-20 years to re-build. She is now on a part pension. I mean, yes, she is managing quite well, but it is disappointing to save and plan your retirement to then have it taken out from under you. I imagine there are many people in her predicament. Many perhaps in their late 60's or 70's that are going back to work on a part-time basis. I think this is unrealistic and not very productive for business. No offence to the older generation (i am heading that way myself) but there is no way that a 70 something individual can learn, adapt and generate work in the same way that a 20 or 30 something can. and it is unfair to expect individuals of that age to be forced back into the workforce.

It was the fault of the sharemarket - that's the nature of it. Everyone that was exposed to it was affected too, not just retirees.

Infact some of the biggest losses were experienced by non retirees who were margin lending and got stung hard. Some ended up losing almost everything.

Your mum sounds like she still has quite a bit left if she qualifies for a part pension.

Nowadays, others are experiencing losses in business, through downturns in certain areas of the economy.

It's tough for many.

Btw, at this stage no one has indicated that 70yo + people will be FORCED back into the workforce, or that Newstart will be removed, or that one will not qualify for a disability pension if they are frail or suffer illness.

The safetynets are still there.

Lets just say, you're WHINGING :D.

Last edited:
It was the fault of the sharemarket - that's the nature of it. Everyone that was exposed to it was affected too, not just retirees.

Infact some of the biggest losses were experienced by non retirees who were margin lending and got stung hard. Some ended up losing almost everything.

Your mum sounds like she still has quite a bit left if she qualifies for a part pension.

Nowadays, others are experiencing losses in business, through downturns in certain areas of the economy.

It's tough for many.

Btw, at this stage no one has indicated that 70yo + people will be FORCED back into the workforce, or that Newstart will be removed, or that one will not qualify for a disability pension if they are frail or suffer illness.

The safetynets are still there.

Lets just say, you're WHINGING :D.

Yes, I am whingeing Ha!. Just for my mum I feel for her and retirees who don't have the time to rebuild the wealth they lost. I am glad the safetynets are still there but I think that a lot of society problems ie: drinking, mental health issues may stem from individuals fear for the future. 30-40 years ago you would have a job for life and be secure in the knowledge that you will have a guaranteed pension to retire on.

I think we just have to take comfort in the knowledge that we are all in the same boat and do the best we can for the moment.

I get plenty of compliments on my efforts to help in my casual job in a store. I like to help and I enjoy hearing that I have made someone's day brighter.
I will continue to give good customer service whether that translates into a sale or not.

Hi Wylie. Sounds like you and I are on the same page when it comes to customer service. And it can be difficult working for someone who is focussed only on the bottom line of money. I work in accounting. I get the issues facing business and the financial side of things. Like you, I like to go that extra step to provide customer service and believe that individuals should take more accountability for their role in providing customer service. We all makes mistakes, no-one is perfect. If I make an error in a document for example, I fix it, and will use my own time (after work) to drive to a persons home or contact them to explain and ensure that the situation is remedied to their satisfaction. The personal rewards for me in doing this far outweigh any other type of reward I may get for doing my job.

i admire your principles.

I get plenty of compliments on my efforts to help in my casual job in a store. I like to help and I enjoy hearing that I have made someone's day brighter.
I will continue to give good customer service whether that translates into a sale or not.

Hi Wylie. Sounds like you and I are on the same page when it comes to customer service. And it can be difficult working for someone who is focussed only on the bottom line of money. I work in accounting. I get the issues facing business and the financial side of things. Like you, I like to go that extra step to provide customer service and believe that individuals should take more accountability for their role in providing customer service. We all makes mistakes, no-one is perfect. If I make an error in a document for example, I fix it, and will use my own time (after work) to drive to a persons home or contact them to explain and ensure that the situation is remedied to their satisfaction. The personal rewards for me in doing this far outweigh any other type of reward I may get for doing my job.

i admire your principles.

I'll be interested to see evand's whinge factor go thru the roof after the next Federal election.

This election could be sooner than later if Gillard fails to silence everyone that knows about this. Listen to it here & read about it below.
Larry Pickering
JULIA, YOU REALLY MUST GO NOW:
Bob Kernohan looks tired. I sat opposite him slurping coffee in Lygon Street, Carlton. He has a kind face that hides his bitter resolve to bring justice to his beloved, bereft AWU Members.
He rails against current AWA Boss, Paul Howes, and his fatuous promise to clean up the union while he, Howes, continues to sit on the mountain of evidence that would help recover his members’ stolen funds.
Unfortunately that very same evidence would kill the AWU-anointed Gillard. So, as with the HSU, once again union members lose and the vile, unelected, political power-brokers thrive.
Bob rubs his forehead, “One day this will be a best seller Larry, there is more to this than Watergate.”
Revelations exposed in The Pickering Post last week have been verified by sacked radio host, Michael Smith, to 2GB’s Alan Jones this morning.
Michael Smith, among others, was sacked for attempting to run the story on his radio program.
The "Pickering Post" interviewed the players in this dirty little game and came away with a clear picture of extortion, fraud and corruption that led all the way to the door of the Prime Minister’s Office.
Gillard is now protected by the very same unionists who put her there.
Paul Howes and Bill Shorten, assisted by Stephen Conroy were the driving force behind the Gillard coup. While members of Caucus were conducting doorstep interviews saying, “don’t be so silly”, “there is no challenge”, “it’s just another media beatup”, it was union boss, Howes, who was at the same time, brazenly announcing the successful knifing of Rudd on the ABC’s Lateline.
ALP Members of Parliament were entirely unaware of union moves to oust Rudd.
Never has there been more visible proof that the Gillard Government is ruled totally by unelected unionists. ALP democracy has been hijacked and corrupted in this way for 60 years. It must stop.
The knifing of Rudd was not, in itself, enough to crown Gillard. Gillard then had to succour the Greens and bribe treacherous Independents to form a make-shift government, a government that is arguably the worst in Australia’s history.
The true hero in this sad saga is Bob Kernohan. He has tried over many years to recover union members’ funds misappropriated by Wilson and allegedly Gillard. He has been bashed and intimidated by union heavies protecting Gillard, he is broke and an outcast. It is bloody cold in Melbourne and he worries about his next power bill.
He represents the epitome of a good union boss; a diligent minder, tirelessly looking out for workers’ interests. Labor blue blood runs through his veins.
Unions are now threatening to withdraw funding from the ALP if their wishes are not met. It is they who decide who the Prime Minister will be and who, if anyone, will replace her.
Let’s look at the involvement of Gillard in the fraudulent activities of her lover, Bruce Wilson.
The Kerr Street house, owned by Bruce Wilson and Ralph Blewitt, was paid for with funds diverted from the WA Government via construction company Thiess. Gillard set up the receiving account knowing full-well that it was an “Association” account and not within the rules of the AWU.
Gillard was an Industrial Lawyer and was aware the AWU did not know the fraudulent account she set up even existed. Yet the AWU was a client of her law firm.
The account was: AWU Workplace Reform Association Inc. (whatever that means). There were a further 12 accounts that appear to have been involved in fraudulent activities.
A handwriting expert has verified it is indeed Gillard’s handwriting on the above fraudulent account application.
Gillard was living with Bruce Wilson in the Kerr Street house. Union officials have confirmed that, when they visited the house on union business, even on weekends, Gillard was running around in her dressing gown. Although she owned another house in Collingwood it was known by one and all that she was living with Wilson. She was at one time pregnant to him.
Her employer, Left-wing Law firm Slater & Gordon, were also aware of the illegal accounts. They did the conveyancing on the ill-gotten house and lent Wilson a further $138,000 in a mortgage to complete the sale.
The fraud surfaced in May of 1995 when renovation contractors working on both Wilson’s and Gillard’s house complained of not being paid.
Immediately realising the gravity of the situation, Gillard raced into AWU offices with handwritten receipts. We cannot identify if the receipts covered all the expenditure nor can we identify the source of the funds Gillard used. But the question must be asked: “Why should Gillard have been concerned if she was not aware of anything untoward?”
Slater & Gordon sacked Gillard anyway as they were likely to be dragged into the political backwash. They then refused to release any documentation regarding the case. Peter Gordon resigned.
Wilson was sacked, along with his partner in crime, Ralph Blewitt. A peeved Ralph Blewitt, not having been paid his severance pay of $12,000 for many years, wrote to Gillard as PM asking for his money. Gillard’s Office wrote back threatening his arrest by the AFP if he did not go away. It worked, Blewitt dropped his claim. It appears Blewitt (who isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed) at least knew of Gillard’s involvement.
Bill Shorten knew of the Wilson/Gillard alleged fraud before AWU Boss, Bob Kernohan, did. Kernohan hit the roof. Shorten advised him to keep it quiet, Kernohan refused.
Shorten has also tried to keep quiet the HSU fraud concerning Craig Thomson. As Minister he has appointed Administrators to the HSU East Branch in order to shut down another whistleblower, Kathy Jackson.
Subsequent AWU Boss, Ian Cambridge, wrote a damning affidavit itemising particulars of the fraud. Gillard promptly promoted Cambridge to her Fair Work Australia Bench. Cambridge has not uttered a word since.
So, the whole filthy affair is starting to come apart at the seams. Wilson, who is broke and camped in Newcastle, wants Gillard’s blood for the way she has betrayed him. Kernohan is tired of receiving bullets in the post and being bashed.
Simpleton Blewitt, and his wife, have been paid by a Melbourne law firm to fly back from Malaysia, where he is hiding out, to give evidence on behalf of a group of other people who also want Gillard’s blood. He is in Melbourne now. Stay tuned.
The mainstream Press won’t touch this for fear of Gillard’s retribution. She has made that open and clear. I have been warned not to persist with this story. I told them to get ****ed so I fully expect to get bashed myself now, but little do the union hoods know who I know.
Good luck boys! Do you want my address?

Can see why Julia Gillard was so soft on Craig Thompson.

This election could be sooner than later if Gillard fails to silence everyone that knows about this. Listen to it here & read about it below.

Can see why Julia Gillard was so soft on Craig Thompson.

Visitors to Bob 's place used to have the Frank Packer pool and the Fairfax tennis court pointed out to them.

This is worth a good deal more than that.

You might want to take it down.

Last edited:
I started the thread. Why would i go away?

Now, its whingeing about the thread starter whinging about whingeing. Are you guys for real?

Marc, you're the forum whingers poster boy. As long as i've been on this forum your posts have been mostly negative and complaining.

That's only your interpretation.

I see you can't keep away from this thread. :D

Morbid fascination?

Much whingeing can eventually lead to discussion and analysis to fix the issue.

For example;

Ev PM's his mate on forum; "I'm bloody sick of these whingers on the forum all the time" (whinge)

Ev's mate on forum replies; "Well; why not just put the whingers on ignore?" (discussion and analysis)

Ev; "Hey! you're right....done!" (more discussion and analysis, then productive action to solve problem).

;)

We've already covered this. I've told you i'll accept the decision and say we live in democracy and that's that. But i don't think the Liberal National party will win. I think Phony Tony and his party will be exposed as the liars they are way before then.

I'll be interested to see evand's whinge factor go thru the roof after the next Federal election.

Now, its whingeing about the thread starter whinging about whingeing. Are you guys for real?
The very act of creating this thread is a whinge.

We're not whinging about; just pointing it to you that you are just as guilty/conformist. You just haven't realised that you are a miserable whiner and a joyous bundle of happiness and light.

Marc, you're the forum whingers poster boy.
And proud.

Wouldn't want to be part of the PC crowd with only rose coloured glasses on.

I'm amazed you haven't put me on ignore after all this time seeing as how I upset you so much.

As long as i've been on this forum your posts have been mostly negative and complaining.
I think you and I are tied on that score

Last edited:
Pickering is an ultra right wing cartoonist and commentator. He has recently been implicated in a sports betting scam.

I would give anything he says zero credibility.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2012/04/05/careful-larry-pickering-is-profoundly-offensive/

So what your telling me is that you would find Julia Gillard more credible than Pickering:eek: + also don't forget that Julia's just a puppet and Pickering has his own voice.

I'm sure Julia Gillard's Carbon Tax Scam will negatively effect more people than Pickering's Sports Betting Scam.

You are missing the point that I'm not the only one that thinks we are a nation of whingers. I posted plenty of media references that we are. They must all be whingers as well. :rolleyes:

The only people that think we aren't are the whingers themselves. And, you don't upset me at all. I actually enjoy the sparring on here.

The very act of creating this thread is a whinge.

We're not whinging about; just pointing it to you that you are just as guilty/conformist. You just haven't realised that you are a miserable whiner and a joyous bundle of happiness and light.

And proud.

Wouldn't want to be part of the PC crowd with only rose coloured glasses on.

I'm amazed you haven't put me on ignore after all this time seeing as how I upset you so much.

I think you and I are tied on that score

So what your telling me is that you would find Julia Gillard more credible than Pickering:eek: + also don't forget that Julia's just a puppet and Pickering has his own voice.

I'm sure Julia Gillard's Carbon Tax Scam will negatively effect more people than Pickering's Sports Betting Scam.

It's the same as a lefty holding up a Mike Carlton article as proof as why the Liberals are bad.

Bias is just a position you don't agree with and all that ;)

You are missing the point that I'm not the only one that thinks we are a nation of whingers.

I know we are too;

I've had to stand on the other side of the counter from customers for over 30 years.....

Still doin' it at the tyre shop these days. :rolleyes:

At least in golf you didn't have to put up with folk who think their 1983 Corolla is a Roller. :eek:

Just nod and agree so you don't lose them and their cash. :D

Amazingly, it's the same all over the world (whingers) from my experience.

Shoulda heard 'em get stuck into Geedubbya while I was there.

Back