A new ISP - Recommendations

Hi

Anyone with Internode? Any good.

Internode Plan

Just released - free setup on all Home Extreme® ADSL2+ services on a 24 month contract!

And we've just launched our cheapest ADSL2+ service ever - the Home-Extreme-Explorer, with 5 GB for just $39.95 per month!

That sounds ok

Go Internode. They're good. I'd use them if it was an option and Telstra didn't have my soul in a jar for a 3 year contract.

We've been using Internode for a couple of years now and have been happy with the ciustomer service when connecting and/or moving. They keep in touch each step of the way

Netspace
ADSL2 40gb p/m for $50 when bundled with phone. Was a bit of a pain when porting over from another ISP on reg ADSL but that was an available port issue. Since then no problems 8 months of reliable service so far

Netspace?? Can't really call it 40GB when half the quota is between midnight and 7am. What rubbish. What a rip-off.
Also, it's not about the price alone, but also about the bandwidth that the ISP has available to the rest of the world. Yeah, there are cheaper providers, but anytime there is more heavy usage on their network, then your pings really start going up.

Netspace?? Can't really call it 40GB when half the quota is between midnight and 7am. What rubbish. What a rip-off.
Also, it's not about the price alone, but also about the bandwidth that the ISP has available to the rest of the world. Yeah, there are cheaper providers, but anytime there is more heavy usage on their network, then your pings really start going up.

I agree, and even the large ISP's like Optus, bigpond etc have cr@p plans
Exetel will give you 60Gb for $30
(48GB from midnight till noon the next day plus 12Gb from noon till midnight)

internode is perfect if ure looking for quality & reliability.

for budget option, take a look at aanet's $5 per month adsl2+
http://www.aanet.com.au/five_dollar_adsl2.html

Note the following:
$1.50 per Gigabyte during peak periods. 75c per GB during off-peak periods
New Connection: If you need to order a brand new ADSL2+ connection the setup fee is $99
6 months contract period
No contract option not available
No early termination fee.
This super-low pricing is guaranteed for six months, but there is no penalty for cancelling early.

I'm waiting for them to finish build in my exchange :)

tpg

I've used TPG for the past 4years, 3 in Brisbane and 1 in Canberra and have never had a problem. I think they are pretty good value, I stay on the ADSL2+ $49.99 plan which gives 50GB a month (25GB peak / 25 off).

+1 vote for internode... their naked ADSL2+ and node phone provide excellent value and quality along with the additional value they provide, ie news groups radio streaming etc..

Yes half is between midnight and 7am however it's not hard to schedule downloads and if you need more than 20gb p/m for browsing you need to get out more

Re connection speeds ours is on par with where it should be taking into account attenuation distance to exchange etc

Re connection speeds ours is on par with where it should be taking into account attenuation distance to exchange etc

You may get the same connection speed (as you would expect since your connecting to the same DSLAM) however when I was with netspace, I found that websites were not as responsive, especially international sites.

I switched back to internode once my 6 month contract was up.

Try www.exetel.com.au, im with them. ADSL1 and 2.
I agree, they have good prices and very generous download limits.
The equipment at the exchange probably belong to Optus/Telstra/Powertel (AAPT) so you won't see difference in connection speeds between exetel & other ISP's.

Also, if your exchange is not equipped for ADSL2+ with 1 provider
it could be with another so exetel being flexible with who they do business with could be one to choose.

I wanted to get an exetel plan because of the generous d/l limits but had to go with a phone+ ADSL2 plan because only Optus ADSL lines were available on my exchange.
I think I could have taken a naked plan but I still use my old phone number
for incoming calls so I am willing to pay for it.

For outgoing phone calls we have totaly switched over to VOIP

I have been using Internode for years - extremely reliable, fast and great service.

I work from home full time, previously at IBM I relied on my Internode connection to access the company VPN - faster than accessing many US sites from the office (company WAN links were often saturated with traffic).

I am now self employed and rely on my connection being available all day every day - I also run my business and personal phone lines via Internode's NodePhone service ... extremely reliable and very high quality.

I have recently migrated to Internode's Naked ADSL, and am about to cancel my existing Telstra phone line (naked connection was installed on a spare line) ... am now 100% VoIP for home and business phone services ... saving quite a bit of money in the process.

Back